April 19, 2024, 04:15:07 AM

Author Topic: Academy SBB?  (Read 7170 times)

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Academy SBB?
« on: August 22, 2015, 04:27:59 PM »
This is more just a question based on curiosity more than anything.  I'd read somewhere people wondering about what Arena spells will work in Academy balance/power wise. 

I was anticipating from this there will be an Academy mode/filter in the SBB that will narrow the spell selection across sets down to Academy suitable spells?

This will be pretty interesting to see, or is it as simple as cutting back to level 1/2 and novice spells?

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Academy SBB?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 07:57:01 PM »
Arena spells are not backwards compatible with academy. Academy spells are forwards compatible with arena, though.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Academy SBB?
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 11:19:42 PM »
oh, I hadn't realised that it was that sweeping an exclusion - is all cards an exclusion? :)

Is that just down to the difficulties working out balance?  I mean the cards are all same format and everything, its just power level really isnt it?  Or is there something more fundamentally different?