March 29, 2024, 01:06:55 AM

Author Topic: what's with the purple glow in the signet ring?  (Read 2175 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
what's with the purple glow in the signet ring?
« on: July 28, 2015, 11:02:39 AM »
I just noticed that there's a purple glow depicted in the center of the general's signet ring picture. What's up with that?
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: what's with the purple glow in the signet ring?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 11:40:57 AM »
I've seen the Original painting for that piece and it's on there so i'm guessing it's just background and shading, nothing more.

I bought a bunch of Original Art from that Artist so when i'm hanging out with him at GenCon, if i remember i'll ask.  I almost bought that piece of art, but i chose 4 other pieces first. So Far I own 5 Pieces of Original Art from MAgewars and This Artist.

Depending on how much I spend at GenCon, I might grab that piece as well. I've grown quite fond of the Warlord recently.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: what's with the purple glow in the signet ring?
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 08:19:00 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if purple was used in the piece as an inference to royalty.
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess