April 29, 2024, 11:02:16 PM

Author Topic: Test Your Skills... Shrink!  (Read 7201 times)

MW United

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Test Your Skills... Shrink!
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2015, 01:28:56 AM »
As interesting as a debate this is I am slightly concerned.

The reason for academy is to introduce a more simple, easier entry point for new players.

1 The wording on the card is not straight forward (dissipate key word)
2 The fact that people on the forums, who are more experienced players (including play testers), are unsure about the use of the card, suggests a new novice player is not going to be able to "jump right in" and start playing the game in such a way as Arcane Wonders had hoped for.

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2015, 01:53:35 AM »
Ignoring Guards in Rulebook:
If an attacking creature can ignore a guard, it may choose to melee attack a different target in the zone, and it does not have to attack the ignored guard.

Pest in Codex:
A small nuisance creature that cannot hinder enemies. Enemy creatures may ignore a Pest that is guarding to make a melee attack against another target.

Intercept in Codex:
If this creature is guarding, and if a ranged attack targets a non-flying object in the same zone, this creature may redirect that ranged attack to itself, as long as it can be a legal target for that attack.

There is no question about it. A shrinked Angel, that is on guard, may choose to intercept a ranged attack on a target in her zone. Pest and the possibility to ignore guards only concern melee attacks in that zone.
Akiro, I have never prayed to you before. No one will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that one stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Akiro... so grant me strength! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2015, 02:41:11 AM »
As interesting as a debate this is I am slightly concerned.

The reason for academy is to introduce a more simple, easier entry point for new players.

1 The wording on the card is not straight forward (dissipate key word)
2 The fact that people on the forums, who are more experienced players (including play testers), are unsure about the use of the card, suggests a new novice player is not going to be able to "jump right in" and start playing the game in such a way as Arcane Wonders had hoped for.

Well, you are making assumptions after just first card is out. First is, that there is no more then one spell with dissipate, second that there is intercept in academy core set, third new players will be confused.

I am afraid that i cannot write a full scale reaction to your assumtions as a playtester because of that laser sight i am able to see just right now But players which were able to get a chance to try academy on cons were pretty happy and newcomers too :)

Ignoring Guards in Rulebook:
If an attacking creature can ignore a guard, it may choose to melee attack a different target in the zone, and it does not have to attack the ignored guard.

Pest in Codex:
A small nuisance creature that cannot hinder enemies. Enemy creatures may ignore a Pest that is guarding to make a melee attack against another target.

Intercept in Codex:
If this creature is guarding, and if a ranged attack targets a non-flying object in the same zone, this creature may redirect that ranged attack to itself, as long as it can be a legal target for that attack.

There is no question about it. A shrinked Angel, that is on guard, may choose to intercept a ranged attack on a target in her zone. Pest and the possibility to ignore guards only concern melee attacks in that zone.

Schwen need a sticker! :)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 07:59:26 AM by Boocheck »
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

adanaz

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2015, 03:43:27 AM »
Nice one Schwenkgott, that makes absolute sense. Good news for the [mwcard=MWSTX1CKC08]Gargoyle Sentry[/mwcard] (and any other 'interceptor')!!
  • Favourite Mage: Sortilege Wizard
"My favourite guilty pleasure? Are there innocent ones?" - Shadowcloak Vampire (M15).

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2015, 10:18:43 AM »
Nice one Schwenkgott, that makes absolute sense. Good news for the [mwcard=MWSTX1CKC08]Gargoyle Sentry[/mwcard] (and any other 'interceptor')!!

6 armor shrunken gargoyle!

Does anyone on the forums have the ability to give out banana stickers? I know Shadow did but I think he's been afk for awhile. If there's an opening to the Banana sticker stand I'll volunteer :P
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 10:21:15 AM by Coshade »
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest