April 26, 2024, 03:53:22 AM

Author Topic: WBC 2015 Mage Wars Tournament (Week of Aug 3 - 9 in Lancaster, PA)  (Read 4164 times)

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
Come to WBC 2015 in Lancaster, PA the week of Aug 3 - 9 for a Mage Wars event like no other! Mage Wars Demos and Open Gaming will be happening all week long at a boardgaming convention run by players for players. The Round 1 heats for the Mage Wars tournament are held on Thursday, August 6 with the top 8 players advancing to single elimination play on Saturday, August 8.

Learn about the WBC convention here http://www.boardgamers.org/#wbc. The Mage Wars event page is here http://www.boardgamers.org/yearbkex/mgwpge.htm.

Feel free to ask any questions you have here or send me an email at the address on the event page.

Note - the Arcane Wonders official tournament format has been modified for this event to encourage new players to enter and compete. See the event page for details.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: WBC 2015 Mage Wars Tournament (Week of Aug 3 - 9 in Lancaster, PA)
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 06:09:45 PM »
The following additional prizes provided by Arcane Wonders will be awarded at the event. Come join for the chance to play and win. Thanks AW!

Round 1
All entrants receive a promo card.
A door prize will be awarded in each of the four heats in Round 1. Winners will be selected from those attending that heat. Winners will not be eligible for the remaining door prizes in Round 1. Door prizes will be either a Straywood Forest Arena Playmat (24x32) or a Forged in Fire Spell Tome expansion.

Round 2
The 8 players from Round 1 that enter Round 2 receive another promo card and a Mage Wars Official Spellbook Pack 4.

Round 3
4 winners from Round 2 receive another promo card.

Round 4 - The Finals
Both winners from Round 3 receive another promo card.
2nd place receives the new Mage Wars Arena Core Set.
1st place winner receives the new Mage Wars Arena Battlegrounds: Domination Expansion AND the new Mage Wars Arena Core Set. The World Boardgaming Championship also awards a wooden plaque to the champion of the tournament.
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 08:58:58 PM »
I live in Lancaster, so I'll be sticking my head in! Sadly, am leaving for vacation the 8th, so won't be available for the finals, but this should be a lot of fun!
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 05:57:04 AM »
Kich,

Great news. See you there. I will be around for open gaming too if you want to play casual games of Mage Wars. I am bringing all my spellbooks and expansions.

Tom

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 08:12:14 AM »
Apprentice Spellbooks for Round 1 of this tournament (on August 6th) are now on the Mage Wars Tournament HQ page here.

http://www.arcanewonders.com/news/tournaments

Top players from Round 1 will customize one of these in Round 2 and graduate to full mage for the rest of the tournament.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 09:14:57 AM by wtcannonjr »