April 19, 2024, 02:41:04 PM

Author Topic: Your Favorite Creature Spells  (Read 11634 times)

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Your Favorite Creature Spells
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2012, 11:40:27 AM »
In testing we made a Wizzard / Huginn Direct attack book. Huginn's job was to get harmonize and deal with dissolve, dispel,   and other such utility spells. While the wizard handed out the damage.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2012, 11:44:39 AM »
I also wanted to add that Huginn is not just good at casting "counter" type spells, it can also drop the level 1 and 2 Heal spells, or cast Teleport or even Sleep.  So many good options for him to cast.  

Second or third turn is a good time to drop a Huginn + Harmonize and start harrassing your opponent with him.

Nitz

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2012, 12:04:16 PM »
nice, I'm excited to try him.  I've not even really put him into play.  To bring this full circle, maybe he'll replace the Gorgon as my favorite creature spell.

fas723

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2012, 02:24:38 PM »
I say Blue gremling. You get most out of your mana with him. He is also very good if you like walls, which I do.

http://www.magewars.com/jsite/forum/spells/1742-most-efficient-creature

PBKWMatt

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2012, 06:58:30 PM »
Huginn is a must kill.  Absolute must kill.  As Koz says, he swings the whole game in the wizards favor.  Even if you kill him, he has sucked up several actions to do it.  Force push is a great way to do that as you slam his annoying self into a wall for 3 unavoidable dice.  Perfect strike combined with a melee attack does it too, but is awful late by that point.

I like the Flaming Hellion for the Warlock, very versatile.  Firebrand imp is good too.  I like the Asyran Cleric for the Priestess.  Knight of Westlock or the Royal Archer are great too.

piousflea

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2012, 08:02:26 PM »
Huginn + Teleport is one of my favorite things. Teleport away that enemy creature while you can keep nuking their Mage!

On the Warlock side, I am a huge fan of bloodreapered Dark Pact Slayers. With 6 attack dice and 2 piercing they can finish off wounded units VERY quickly.