September 28, 2024, 07:23:10 PM

Author Topic: Discussion Forum Organization  (Read 3853 times)

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Discussion Forum Organization
« on: June 08, 2015, 10:12:12 PM »
Would it be better to have a separate section for things like Domination and Academy? It would allow those of us who don't care about one product or the other to more easily ignore discussion on those.
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

jhaelen

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion Forum Organization
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 02:38:31 AM »
That would make sense, imho.

Borg

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 03:34:50 AM »
Completely agree as I don't care about Domination mode at all.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

krj

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 03:57:48 AM »
i had same feelings (wasn't much interested in Domination) at the beginning , but i've changed my mind after i know better product. Of course playing will determine how i like that mode, but i'm optimistic. you don't want to even try it? i'm of course not going to change  your opinions, just curious.

how would you like to separate the forum? for example when in some thread we will be talking about specific card which can be used  in Arena and Domination/Academy? maybe some icons in threads can be added if it's about Academy or Domination?

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 09:32:17 AM »
I find these thoughts very interesting, so would the cards that come in Domination only be discussed in these subs? What about the board tiles? There is a lot to Domination not just the play mode. I think it wouldn't work well to try and isolate off this or Academy for the same reasons, the cards that could go in your book.

I would wait and see the expansion first and then decide your feelings on it.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 05:39:33 PM »
Regarding my desire or lack thereof for Domination, I'll just say that it may be entirely possible that I will get into it, enjoy it, etc. at some point. However, at the moment, I do not know if anyone with whom I play MW regularly locally will want to play it, and I still have plenty to enjoy from Arena. I just don't need another product right now, have the money for another product, or have the time to spend learning its ins and outs. I just recently decided to see if I can learn OCTGN, and that (to me) is daunting in itself.

On where the discussion would be, I'd guess that cards usable in Arena certainly would be able to be discussed in Arena sections if the discussion in general is relevant to Arena. If the main point of the thread is to talk about those spells in terms of the shape of the Domination board, as a primary reference to orbs, etc., then it would be in a separate location, I would think.
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

jhaelen

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 06:43:46 AM »
I find these thoughts very interesting, so would the cards that come in Domination only be discussed in these subs?
I don't think they would be discussed _only_ in the respective sub-forums, but it would be the first place to look for and post questions and discussions about the product-specific cards.

If the questions are more open-ended (e.g. 'Which cards from the Domination set would be a great addition for my Arena spellbook?'), they'll naturally end up in the general forums.

rant

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • p00pstar on Octgn
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 07:36:14 AM »
I don't think anything needs to be changed on the forums. A simple [DM] tag should be enough when talking about domination. Otherwise, everyone should expect the post to be about arena.
  • Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock

Hardcordo

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2015, 09:17:23 AM »
I don't think further splitting up the forums would be very productive. Perhaps add some sort of topic flair to show which posts are related to different Mage Wars products.

Intangible0

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2015, 11:48:25 AM »
I don't think anything needs to be changed on the forums. A simple [DM] tag should be enough when talking about domination. Otherwise, everyone should expect the post to be about arena.

This is a pretty good idea. It works best because there's a chance that a book or idea posted might involve both Arena and Domination. There wouldn't need to be any reluctance as to which section it would go in. Plus this would be much easier for the moderators.
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster

jhaelen

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2015, 05:44:34 AM »
True, that might be even better.