April 19, 2024, 11:55:20 PM

Author Topic: Mage Wars: the next ~60 years...  (Read 3837 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Mage Wars: the next ~60 years...
« on: June 07, 2015, 09:31:51 PM »
So the world of Etheria is geographically based on the real world. The real world has about 200 countries in it or so. With each expansion of the standard Mage Wars format, another nation of etheria is introduced. In three years, we've gotten 3 different Etherian nations in the core set (4 if you count the Arraxian crown), 2 in Forcemaster vs Warlord, 1 in Conquest of Kumanjaro, 2 in Druid vs Necromancer, and 1 in Forged in Fire.

So that's about 3 nations per year on average. There are about 200 countries in the real world. If we postulate that Etheria is about the same size and very similar political geography to Earth (which seems to be the case on the map of the Central Hearthlands as we know them so far), then Etheria likely also has somewhere around 200 countries or so.

So then:

(3 nations/year)*x years=~200 nations

This means that mage wars will last ~60 years before we either run out of space on Etheria or use weird space-folding magic to make more room.

Will we get to see aliens from other worlds after we start running out of room for Etherian countries? Not having aliens seems like a waste of the vast night sky around Etheria. (Unless the universe that Etheria is in is much smaller than I thought.) Not to mention their alien minds could probably make their magic slightly different.

What do you think?
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.