April 29, 2024, 06:47:22 AM

Author Topic: Blah, I'm new here!  (Read 3230 times)

Nihilistiskism

• Master Debater
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Blah, I'm new here!
« on: September 30, 2012, 06:20:33 AM »
Hello. :-D

I split the cost of buying this game at Gencon with a friend, and we LOVE it. I'm happy to be a part of the forum community. :-P

Right now I am really enjoying the Priestess. I'm several games up on my friend, now, using her, and she fits my playstyle pretty perfectly. I will say, though, that I wish she had more/better options for her quickcast spells than all that healing. I find that I very very rarely use healing spells in a game, relying more, instead, on my enchantments and angels.

Um, yeah, rambling, sorry.

-nihil
Take a shower, don't talk like a junior high dropout, and stop being such a fatty.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Blah, I'm new here!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 11:03:35 AM »
Nice to meet you and welcome to the arena.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

felonius

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 02:05:12 PM »
Quote from: "Nihilistiskism" post=1557
I will say, though, that I wish she had more/better options for her quickcast spells than all that healing. I find that I very very rarely use healing spells in a game, relying more, instead, on my enchantments and angels.

I tried playing a game against my girlfriend (we'd had a busy day, and she went into decision fatigue mode and couldn't really play), but I found that one of the best things you can do with the Priestess' quick cast is that...  what's it called...  Dang it, don't have my cards handy (at work), but she has a piece of equipment that lets her, as a quickcast, put an Armor +1 token on a creature, for I think 2 mana?  I thought that was a pretty nice option when I couldn't find a spell I really wanted.

Nihilistiskism

• Master Debater
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 09:20:44 AM »
Quote from: "felonius" post=1639
Quote from: "Nihilistiskism" post=1557
I will say, though, that I wish she had more/better options for her quickcast spells than all that healing. I find that I very very rarely use healing spells in a game, relying more, instead, on my enchantments and angels.

I tried playing a game against my girlfriend (we'd had a busy day, and she went into decision fatigue mode and couldn't really play), but I found that one of the best things you can do with the Priestess' quick cast is that...  what's it called...  Dang it, don't have my cards handy (at work), but she has a piece of equipment that lets her, as a quickcast, put an Armor +1 token on a creature, for I think 2 mana?  I thought that was a pretty nice option when I couldn't find a spell I really wanted.

Yes, I use that extensively in games, but I find that it pretty much becomes that and maybe, occasionally, something else. I'd like my options to be more VARIED, because, as it is, I feel like I have only a few really good options in the game for her quickcast.

-nihil
Take a shower, don't talk like a junior high dropout, and stop being such a fatty.

SeanDeCoy

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 09:37:34 AM »
Welcome to the arena!