April 29, 2024, 04:16:28 AM

Author Topic: Crown of Protection  (Read 2722 times)

rodriguekhalil

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Crown of Protection
« on: May 24, 2015, 08:24:44 PM »
Is it just me or is [mwcard=MW1Q03]Crown of Protection[/mwcard] just awesome?

I never seriously considered it. When I was making a Priestess or Priest spellbook, this piece of equipment would usually be the spell the would go out when I needed one or 2 spb to get to 120.

However, I used it yesterday and, when not dispelled , can make virtually any creature unstoppable! Use it  enough times on either an already strong creature like [mwcard=MW1C06]Brogan Bloodstone[/mwcard] or [mwcard=MW1C22]Knight of Westlock[/mwcard] or a weaker creature like an [mwcard=MWSTX2FFC01]Asyran Defender[/mwcard] or an [mwcard=MW1C02]Asyran Cleric[/mwcard] and you are basically giving them the resilient trait.

Granted, Rhino is cheaper but can be dispelled. Once the +1 armor tokens are on a creature, only corrode tokens can take them out.

I got the Idea after an opponent won but stacking armor on a Wall with [mwcard=MWSTX2FFC09]Otto Kronig, Master Engineer[/mwcard]. There was nothing a could do... No LoS and no way to destroy the wall, I was fried.

I did the same: stacking armor on my creatures and they served me very well!

It takes some time to set up, but isn't the priestess one of the best in survival mode?

Worst case scenario: the crown gets dissolve. So what, your opponent just lost a level one spell on your level one spell. I'm okay with that. Plus, that's one less dissolved for more dangerous equipment.

echephron

• Player
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • The finest in mage wear...
    • View Profile
Re: Crown of Protection
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 08:52:42 PM »
Is it just me or is [mwcard=MW1Q03]Crown of Protection[/mwcard] just awesome?

just you :P. It uses too many quick actions and holy creatures already have a ton of armor. unless he opponent goes heavy piercing or a few heavy attacks, more than 3-4 armor has reduced value to me
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 09:34:21 PM »
Crown of Protection is good on many angels and Bridge Trolls. If you're using it on Knight of Westlock or Brogan Bloodstone, it's probably not worth it.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

rodriguekhalil

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 04:51:31 AM »
My intention was to make sure that only critical damage could affect my creatures in an attack.

As such, CoP did wonders.

Action intensive? I agree. But it's also a great way to spend a cheap QC when you want to save mana to summon one of your Angels next turn. By using CoP, I could summon a big creature every 2-3 turns and still have mana to reveal any of my FD enchantments.

It's like having a Mage Wand or Elemental Wand. It gives you the flexibility of not using your planned spell and still not lose your QC.

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 11:34:27 AM »
It's a good way to spend an action if you're playing a lot of creatures and have little mana to spare.
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.