April 28, 2024, 08:09:56 PM

Author Topic: Any thoughts on how to handle Curse Angels or the like?  (Read 2793 times)

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Any thoughts on how to handle Curse Angels or the like?
« on: May 23, 2015, 10:24:42 AM »
I have been reading about bats and angels with FD curses on them, transfusing these onto the enemy creatures. Has anyone worked out any strategy for dealing with these? Such a book could carry a large number of curses, six transfusions, and several sturdy curse platforms.

My initial thoughts (for what it's worth) are to close with the enemy Mage as quickly as possible so the number of actions required to set up a curse attack are minimized. After that... my guess is that it is all about getting rid of flyers (I can't wait for Gravikor) or punishing the use of massive numbers of enchantments (Harshforge Monolith, for example).

Any other ideas? Has anyone done well against such a themed attack?
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

echephron

• Player
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • The finest in mage wear...
    • View Profile
Re: Any thoughts on how to handle Curse Angels or the like?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 01:57:27 PM »
i like to carry a purge magic...
and if you let him make a creature and a bunch of (currently useless) curses on him without retribution, then you are letting him build up too much. if he had put all that mana into mana crystals, you wouldnt stay in the corner and leave him alone.

now if you are talking about midgame, after you have been walled in, and he starting enchanting a curse flyer, maybe you should break out of that zone. I find walls usually not worth their mana cost
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
Re: Any thoughts on how to handle Curse Angels or the like?
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 04:55:16 PM »
Agro. Curse transfusion books tend to go pretty light on defenses in the name of speed. Something like Straywood Aviary might do well, because it's really not worth cursing a Hawk.

If that's not an option, you can always try matching them action for action with a Mage Wand of Seeking Dispell. Just be sure you have a tempo advantage first.
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.