April 27, 2024, 07:58:21 AM

Author Topic: Card Updates with the Arena (4th Editon) Release  (Read 24432 times)

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
Re: Card Updates with the Arena (4th Editon) Release
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2016, 04:42:35 AM »
i'm looking forward! than you!

Lord Nikuza

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2016, 08:14:35 AM »
Would it be possible that you post a link in this thread when the new codex is available? :)
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess
Enlightening the dark

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2016, 08:26:09 AM »
Yes, I'll make an announcement. I'm very sorry it has taken this long. I have to poke the people responsible for posting this in the resources and downloads page.

Donovan

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2016, 08:42:19 AM »
Is it also possible to have a document showing the differences between 2.0 and 3.0?

People in non-english speaking countries would like to update their localized version as well.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2016, 06:08:24 AM »
Yes, I'll make an announcement. I'm very sorry it has taken this long. I have to poke the people responsible for posting this in the resources and downloads page.

Another option is to post resource files like this to BGG. If AW assigns a liaison to the BGG Mage Wars sites the official content can be posted by the community and players can have access faster. Players are available to help you promote the game in this way. Zuberi, myself , and a few other ambassador/play testers are regulars on BGG too.

Just a thought ...
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

Kitarja

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2016, 09:01:04 AM »
Is there any news about the Rules Supplement or the Card Database update? I had really hoped we get it before PvS releases, but it doesn't look likely, or?

At least we have a new Codex now, but I don't understand why that got a higher priority than the Rules Supplement, which is so much more important in my opinion.

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2016, 12:53:01 PM »
 ;D

I promise that "Kitarja" is not my second login!

Kitarja

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2016, 01:19:04 PM »
That made me smile ;)

I think there are enough people by now who would love an updated version of the Supplement and the Card Database. And I'm mostly quiet but every few months I appear here and ask how it's going. Maybe at some point I will come back and be surprised, one never knows, but my hope is slowly fading  :-\

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2016, 06:56:28 PM »
Serious, there us no way to find a gate to hell how it is worded now anywhere. Not on AW website, no pic in this forum, no pic in the database nor app. I haven't looked at Octgn though.
After searching much too long I found just a hint from sIKE that the attack has changed it's radius of destruction. This is out for years now! How is it possible that this is readable nowhere? It takes a minute to change a picture in the database here. Really incredible!!!
So whats the wording now?
PLEASE update your carddatabase!

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2016, 07:43:55 PM »
They are trying bro. Theres like 5 people who work directly for Arcane Wonders. It's a really small company. It's amazing that they've put out something we all want so vehemently, and i know sometimes it's frustrating that we don't have absolutely everything that we want all the time, but they ate doing there level best, all the time. Just try and remember that they've got a LOT of irons in the fire and Aaron is only one man.
I love this game. Its awesome!

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2016, 11:33:30 PM »
Serious, there us no way to find a gate to hell how it is worded now anywhere. Not on AW website, no pic in this forum, no pic in the database nor app. I haven't looked at Octgn though.
After searching much too long I found just a hint from sIKE that the attack has changed it's radius of destruction. This is out for years now! How is it possible that this is readable nowhere? It takes a minute to change a picture in the database here. Really incredible!!!
So whats the wording now?
PLEASE update your carddatabase!

• Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2016, 03:25:59 AM »
Sorry for being rude yesterday and thanks for the quick responses RomeoXero and iNano. Especially for the picture.
I get that AW is a small company and that we all demand  a lot. But these days I read Aaron is already working on a new release while there's just little progression with all those urgent updates. I miss some focus.
Now here is a foto with both new and old gate to hell. To open WordPress (or whatever) and enter this picture to the website honestly takes 1 minute. I mean come on. That's possible even for a small company with lots of things to do ;)

Edit:
It is always easy to be disappointed. I want to say I totally love the game and appreciate the work AW is doing! I would not sit in bed for 30 minutes to search for a card update if the game would not be that amazing. I am just damn hooked!
Still I think AW needs to straighten their timeline.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 03:47:27 AM by bigfatchef »

Lord Nikuza

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2016, 05:45:48 AM »
Thanks for the picture iNano. Would it be possible for you to post some of the other cards that changed in the new version? That would be amazing :)

Btw - nice buff for the gate, I think I'll try a new spellbook with it  ;)
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess
Enlightening the dark

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2016, 10:31:41 PM »
@iNano - A banana sticker for your trouble. Thank you for your assistance here. I was at a convention this weekend, and just got home this evening.

@Bigfatchef — I'm sure my words hold little weight, but if it was that simple for me to change the picture in the SBB I would. However, that system is a black box to me. I do not know how it works. Granted, I've never claimed to be a computer wizard, well at least not since we moved past DOS. I know it's frustrating, and I'm sorry for that.

Yes, I'm already working on the next set. That's because I believe it is crucially important that Mage Wars players not wait 2+ years for the next set. The single most important thing for me right now is trying to ensure that Mage Wars is able to put out some content at a regular pace. The support to go with that is important, and I'm working to catch that up as well.

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2016, 04:08:53 AM »
Thanks for your response Laddinfance! To update the sbb with its card database seems crucial to me. I hope you have somebody in your team that is looking into that black box and manages this fot you.

But what I wanted to say in my earlier reply, is that it would be very helpful to take pictures of changed cards and put them at the doenload area (http://www.arcanewonders.com/resources-and-downloads) and that is no blackbox for you (writing spoilers there) .

I think many of us players would be glad to see all changes to cards available somehow. Don't think about pdf perfect design papers. A bunch of pictures would be enough to look them up until your data is updated. I'd say form follows function in that deeply hidden case that no newbie would find.