April 27, 2024, 04:16:42 AM

Author Topic: Card of the week! Episode Deux  (Read 7346 times)

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
Re: Card of the week! Episode Deux
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2016, 09:12:46 AM »
I predict that Mind Shield will be much more useful and might even make it to "staple" in certain books once Paladin vs Siren is hitting the scene.  Speaking of, stay tuned to the Arcane Duels youtube channel.  The rest of our PvS review is coming starting today!
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2016, 10:06:53 AM »
Super excited to hear arcane duels is going to be putting out more content on PvS!

Secondly I did like the old format just because it did give props to staple cards, but like some others have said niche cards are interesting in a couple of ways.

First the valuable  niche cards are very subjective so just like mind Shield will create some counter arguments.  Secondly they may promote something that is not on some players radar like mind shield.  I have rarely seen it and find it interesting to know why it's not in play or why some find it useful. 

Keep this thread going love the points of view already even if some do not
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2016, 10:46:09 AM »
I agree, I'd rather hear of new uses and more obscure cards that may trigger new thoughts and evaluations

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2016, 04:34:45 PM »
I'd like to see Card of the Week go back to focusing on staple spells - why they're so good, what books started using them before they caught on and became staples (if applicable), and unorthodox/creative/flexible uses. That was the spirit of the Tanglevine and Seeking Dispel episodes.

Considering that the dude (hope he is well) did one episode of card of the week before disappearing, i didn't have a huge reference frame when it came to what direction to take these threads. Tanglevine was a great episode but it wasn't mine. Seeking dispel was mine. It was my intention to take these in a different direction and highlight cards that i think could be looked at again, as well as the occasional "isnt this card awesome" Episode about one we all use often.
It's my goal to promote discussion and debate about stuff we maybe dont use in many games. It seems to me (and im not saying I'm upset about it or that i disagree with it necessarily) that our meta makes decisions about cards and the usefulness thereof rather quickly and rarely do we revisit them after they've been discarded to the "no good" pile for whatever reason.
Sometimes we are dead on correct (akiros battle cry just sucks), but i believe that there are always gems hidden away in the old cards and is my aim to find them. I hope my perspectives will be informative and entertaining but you can never win them all. So i will continue to do my best to be a part of this awesome game and it's development. Cheers and huzzah boys and girls!
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!