April 23, 2024, 05:00:17 PM

Author Topic: Mage Wars Arena Core Set Counters terrible  (Read 5636 times)

alboy

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Mage Wars Arena Core Set Counters terrible
« on: May 14, 2015, 04:29:03 AM »
The counters for the new Arena Core Set and new Arena Forcemaster vs Warlord are terrible, l am not talking about the artwork, which is amasing by the way but the actual counters themselves which have not been compessed enough. l can see them only lasting a few games before the artwork starts to  peel off.

Has there been some kind of production problem as l thought Arcane Wonders prided themselves on quality.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 08:22:45 AM by alboy »

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Counters terrible
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 08:24:08 AM »
There have been quite a few people over at BGG saying the same thing. The thread can be seen here.

I was hoping this didn't affect all of the new core sets but it sounds like it is.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

alboy

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Wars Arena Core Set Counters terrible
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 08:27:05 AM »
It also affects the new Arena Forcemaster vs Warlord as well.

Erebus

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 05:17:12 PM »
Yeah, unfortunately have the same issue here in my Forcemaster v. Warlord set. Everything else I've received from Arcane Wonders has been perfection, however, so still props to them for doing such a fantastic job on average.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 05:21:18 PM by Erebus »
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
"You see the great thing about madness is that it's all in your head."

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 07:09:06 PM »
And here I thought the thicker counters looked better. I have not handled them yet, though.
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

Tekwych

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • Magickal Mystikal Wytch
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 11:48:19 PM »
I use superglue along the edges of all my tokens to harden them against wear and keep them from fraying.
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.

Erebus

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2015, 11:56:54 PM »
I think superglueing them is a good idea, but I played an actual game with them today and I think they're a lot sturdier than they appear. I think the quality is about as good as it was before.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
"You see the great thing about madness is that it's all in your head."

alboy

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2015, 08:51:55 AM »
The top and bottom of the artwork slightly protrudes the counters so is likely to peel off eventually.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 08:08:07 AM by alboy »

alboy

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2015, 05:27:47 AM »
Will Arcane Wonders be replacing the counters for The Arena Core Set & Arena Forcemaster vs Warlord, that are lets be honest pretty rubbish?

MW United

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2015, 05:36:37 AM »
Following on from the comments regarding the counters, I have found the thickness of the cards in the new Arena sets are thinner.

I'm not saying the standards of the materials are poor, maybe slightly reduced????

Any other thoughts on this?

Felix_s_Becker

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2015, 06:33:34 AM »
Well i dont know if someone already metioned this, but all the Products until Forged in Fire that i own state: "Proudly made in the USA" on their back. FIF however states: "Made in China" And the qulity is poorer, in my first copy of FIF one pack of Cars was completely useless since they were glued together, seemingly a result of being Packaged too early before drying, resulting in them sticking together and not being able to seperate them without destroying them. Also one card (Warlord Stats) was missing completely. Also the Cards have a slightly different Colour tone on the edges as well as a different "smell". So to me it seems like the quality went down a little in correlation with moving the production to china. Pleas note that i am still 100% satisfied, i got a very quick replacement copy of my FIF. My copy of the 4. edition core sat hasnĀ“t arrived yet so i cant comment on the quality of this. I will post here as soon as i get my hands on it. I am suprised that nobody here mentioned the change of the production location as stated on the back of the products.