April 27, 2024, 11:49:57 PM

Author Topic: Renewing fountain/Push/Gate to hell  (Read 4181 times)

Robymex

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Renewing fountain/Push/Gate to hell
« on: May 04, 2015, 12:53:38 PM »
Hello everyone, I have some questions. English isn't my birth language so the rules aren't really clear for me. So firstly, I don't understand what they mean by " friendly creature" in the card "renewing fountain", do they mean all my creature except my mage? And if that is the case, for the "Eatherian Tree" does it affect all the creature in the arena (enemy and ally)?

Secondly, can I push the creature on the border of the arena? Or does it count as a lethal barrier?

Finally, for the "Gate to hell" do I have to be on the zone to open it? And if yes, does it attack me too? And can my creature summoned by the Pentacle appear at the gate?

Thank's

ACG

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
Re: Renewing fountain/Push/Gate to hell
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 01:30:42 PM »
Hello everyone, I have some questions. English isn't my birth language so the rules aren't really clear for me. So firstly, I don't understand what they mean by " friendly creature" in the card "renewing fountain", do they mean all my creature except my mage? And if that is the case, for the "Eatherian Tree" does it affect all the creature in the arena (enemy and ally)?

"Friendly creature" means any creature controlled by you or another player on your team. Your mage counts as a friendly creature.

Yes, [mwcard=DNJ03]Etherian Lifetree[/mwcard] applies to all (living) creatures (and conjurations) in the arena, itself excluded.

Secondly, can I push the creature on the border of the arena? Or does it count as a lethal barrier?

The arena is surrounded by impassable walls. If you push a creature into one of these walls, it suffers an unavoidable attack of 3 dice. Not necessarily "lethal", but still damaging.

Finally, for the "Gate to hell" do I have to be on the zone to open it? And if yes, does it attack me too? And can my creature summoned by the Pentacle appear at the gate?

You do not have to be in the zone to open it.

It will attack you if you are within range.

Creatures summoned by the [mwcard=MW1J17]Pentagram[/mwcard] may NOT appear at the gate; only creatures that your mage personally summons may appear there. (confirmation requested)

Edit: The issue about pentagram creatures appearing in the gate's zone is, oddly enough, not in the rules supplement, though I could have sworn there was a clarification there. Am I just mis-remembering this? If somebody could confirm this, that would be great.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 01:38:09 PM by ACG »

Nonsense

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • OCTGN: ein_Micha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 01:36:58 PM »
[mwcard=FWJ08]Renewing Spring[/mwcard]
All your creatures AND your Mage can take a quick action and heal

[mwcard=DNJ03]Etherian Lifetree[/mwcard]
Yes Indeed; ALL other creatures and conjurations means yours and your opponents

You can push creatures against the walls of the arena, doing so inflicts  3 dice of damage.

[mwcard=MW1J06]Gate to Hell[/mwcard]
You dont have to be in the same zone to open the gate, but if you're in range, then you take damage as well.

RAW is certainly clear: No the text says clearly:"[...]whwnwvwe you summon[...]"

Greetings from another non-native

Edit: ACG was a little faster...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 01:39:12 PM by Nonsense »
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
A danger foreseen is a danger avoided

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 01:45:59 PM »
Creatures summoned by the [mwcard=MW1J17]Pentagram[/mwcard] may NOT appear at the gate; only creatures that your mage personally summons may appear there. (confirmation requested)

Edit: The issue about pentagram creatures appearing in the gate's zone is, oddly enough, not in the rules supplement, though I could have sworn there was a clarification there. Am I just mis-remembering this? If somebody could confirm this, that would be great.

I believe you're right.  If it were allowed, the card text would generally say something like "When you, or a spawnpoint or familiar you control, summons a demon creature..."
(See [mwcard=DNQ02]Death Ring[/mwcard] for an example; also, see [mwcard=FWJ04]Garrison Post[/mwcard]'s updated text in the Rules & Codex Supplement - but unfortunately it hasn't been updated in the card database)
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 01:52:56 PM »
On the subject of Gate to Hell, it received updated wording in the 4th printing. It's now able to have creatures summoned by your Pentagram appear in its zone. I'm working on getting everything updated into the Rules and Codex supplement. Hopefully that will be done soon.

ACG

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 02:23:14 PM »
On the subject of Gate to Hell, it received updated wording in the 4th printing. It's now able to have creatures summoned by your Pentagram appear in its zone. I'm working on getting everything updated into the Rules and Codex supplement. Hopefully that will be done soon.

That is absolutely fantastic. Much more useful now.

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2015, 09:55:36 PM »

It would be great to have a version list of card text changes across each printing. I can build a draft version for you if you can send me the raw data.

btw - love the change on Gate to Hell!
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

Robymex

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2015, 04:24:02 PM »
Thank you very much for your answers! i will probably come with other questions soon because every new game brings new dilemma !