April 29, 2024, 06:06:42 AM

Author Topic: The Tragedy of the Forest Sentinels  (Read 4920 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
The Tragedy of the Forest Sentinels
« on: March 04, 2015, 02:09:55 PM »
Damn you Amadseer. You think this is just some sick joke, don't you!? Well it is. But it's not JUST a sick joke. You think I cursed you to wander the world and write in your stupid little diary? Well I did. Kind of. Not exactly. I didn't cast that curse on you. I transfused it from myself. I thought I had freed myself of this compulsion from hell. I hadn't. The moment I moved the curse to you, it was right back on me! For a long time I thought you had reversed it yourself! But now I know better.

I didn't know what I was getting into when I swore my allegiance to the Arraxian Crown all those years ago. I don't regret it, not exactly. Hurting and killing idiots and insufferable people is the greatest joy in my life. I might have found greater joy in saving those idiots and insufferable people from their own stupidity and insufferableness

("OW! CURSED SPELLCHECKER! HOW THE HELL DO I SPELL INSUFFERABLE-NESS? OW! INSUFFERABILITY? OWOWOWOWOW! Damn you Amadseer for being so naturally grammatically gifted!)

...anyways, I might have found greater joy in saving those idiots from their stupidity rather than accelerating the process... I mean, it would have giving me more bragging rights and I could have laughed at how stupid people were and they would have been in my debt forever AND been alive and unharmed which would also have been a plus. But I digress. I made my choice a long time ago. I became a warlock, not a wizard. I swore allegiance to the Arraxian Crown, and that was that. While saving idiots and fanatics is great and all, frying the little fools is almost as good. So no use bloody crying over bloody spilled milk.

In any case, in my early days as a warlock I got on the bad side of a demon and they cursed me with the same curse that I transfused onto Amadseer. I don't know who it was, but seeing as how the curse was reapplied the moment I transfused it, I suspect that either it was one of the higher members of the aristocracy of Infernia who cursed me the first time, or some lower demon cursed me and the higher-ups found it funny and decided to reapply the curse.

But I will not give up. Not yet. I'll show them, and I'll rise through the ranks to a more comfortable and prestigious position in the Infernian political hierarchy.

There was a chance that the reason those demons were able to reapply the curse from such a great distance without having cast any enchantments that could copy the curse nor another infernian spellcaster in my vicinity (at least that I know of), might have been that they had placed a marker of some sort on my very soul that allowed them to cast that curse on me from anywhere. If so, it's likely the marker on my soul only triggers the particular curse that I currently suffer from, since the higher-ups are so sadistic that they wouldn't hesitate to cast other more humiliating spells if given the opportunity and the political motive.

I recently heard a rather interesting tale from a necromancer of the Darkfenne, specifically about an ancient, sentient sequoia tree that guards the Wychwood. Apparently there used to be others of its kind. An entire race of trees whose souls had developed to self-reflection and whose minds became sentient, before the gods wiped them out. And here's the really interesting part. The sentience of the Forest Sentinels was not given to them by the gods, but by people. They must have discovered an important secret regarding the nature of souls, maybe even several. If the minds and souls of the Forest Sentinels grew because of human intervention, rather than the divine kind, then maybe they learned an important secret of the inner workings of the soul. Otherwise why else would the gods have wiped out those trees? And so I journeyed into the heart of the Wychwood to learn the tale from someone who had witnessed it first hand: Togorah, Forest Sentinel of the Wychwood. The very last one.

--Telas Vane, Warlock of the Arraxian Crown
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 02:20:05 PM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.