April 29, 2024, 11:19:01 AM

Author Topic: Adramelech warlock help needed  (Read 8026 times)

tubex

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Adramelech warlock help needed
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2015, 01:07:26 PM »
Good points ACG. I guess if I go with the arraxian warlock "burn stacking" is out of the question since he doesnt have as much synergy with burns. The nice thing with lord of fire and the adramelech lock though, is that lord of fire can put on burns with ease which synergize well with the mage.

What would be the major threats against lord of fire? And how would I counter them?

ACG

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2015, 01:31:48 PM »
Did not know that.

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2015, 01:43:02 PM »
Anything that pierces or removes his armor is going to cause you problems.  He only has 14 health which is decent, but not amazing.  As soon as that armor isn't protecting him, he'll go down like sack of bricks.  Additionally, he has flying so you should be able to dodge most attacks, but be careful of Maim Wings or Knockdown.  There's not much you can do against this except Nullify.

The way I've seen most people deal with him is to remove flying and then stick him in place with a Tanglevine, a "Stuck" condition or a Force Hold.

You can Rhino Hide him to make it even less appealing to attack him.  You can give him Vampirism; you can give him Cheetah Speed or Bear's Strength.

The trick is to be careful not to go all in unless you're certain you can pull it off.  The more you invest in one creature the more you stand to lose if it dies.

Like Schwenkgott says, Battle Fury will get an extra attack off for him which is really good.  You want to make sure you're hitting a really high priority target to get the best effect out of the Battle Fury.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2015, 02:01:56 PM »
Yep...

[mwcard=MWSTX2FFC13]Wildfire Imp[/mwcard]

"Teleport to a Target Zone" are the key words
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

tubex

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2015, 02:45:48 PM »
I actually didnt have a rhino hide in the book. Added it! :)

Say I wanna go for an imp swarm. I guess I need the pentagram even though I kinda feel like I'm loosing momentum with it. Tried the imp swarm + pentagram once and I felt it took a little too long. My imps ended up getting picked off one by one. Also i would need to equip the bloodfire helmet to really benefit the most from the imps. On top of that, marked for death. That would make each imp hit for 6 dice (correct me if im wrong :) ). That is a lot of dice for a 5 mana creature but they are one shot kills usually and really need to time their attack correctly.

Would an Etherian life tree be a terrible idea for an imp swarm?

Man my head is spinning :)

ACG

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2015, 04:46:26 PM »
I actually didnt have a rhino hide in the book. Added it! :)

Say I wanna go for an imp swarm. I guess I need the pentagram even though I kinda feel like I'm loosing momentum with it. Tried the imp swarm + pentagram once and I felt it took a little too long. My imps ended up getting picked off one by one. Also i would need to equip the bloodfire helmet to really benefit the most from the imps. On top of that, marked for death. That would make each imp hit for 6 dice (correct me if im wrong :) ). That is a lot of dice for a 5 mana creature but they are one shot kills usually and really need to time their attack correctly.

Would an Etherian life tree be a terrible idea for an imp swarm?

Man my head is spinning :)

Nope. Etherian lifetree is a great idea!

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2015, 09:15:35 AM »
Keeping those imps alive is tricky sometimes.  If you can mind game the enemy properly, a key Fortified Position will help a lot as well.  You can throw them for a loop and Shift Enchantment on it when they leave the zone.  This might be too much for trying to kill quickly. 

As I've found out before, more than any other mage, the Adramelech Warlock with an imp swarm can just hang back until the right moment and jump in with the swarm.  A clutch Disarm on a piece of armor they were counting on to save them from the swarm can really hurt.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster