March 28, 2024, 02:30:58 PM

Author Topic: Wonder Magnets  (Read 7404 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Wonder Magnets
« on: January 28, 2015, 10:31:03 AM »
Could you please add this feature to the forums? Wonder Magnets are like Banana Stickers, but awarded for supremacy in the arena rather than helpfulness on the forums. Also, it might be a good idea to implement both the stickers and the magnets in real life?

I don't want people just putting wonder magnets in their forum signature because then people could lie about how many they have.

Thanks!
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Wonder Magnets
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 08:38:21 PM »
I'm still wondering whether wonder magnets will ever be a thing. I think it would be really cool if they were. I never got a response on this, though and it's been almost a year...
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

ACG

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 09:00:39 PM »
Also, it might be a good idea to implement both the stickers and the magnets in real life?

How would this work?

I'm still wondering whether wonder magnets will ever be a thing. I think it would be really cool if they were. I never got a response on this, though and it's been almost a year...

Who awards them? Banana stickers can be awarded on the forums because of moderators, but nobody can oversee all of the games. If you want to do this, I recommend you do it informally.

I don't want people just putting wonder magnets in their forum signature because then people could lie about how many they have.

This might actually be the best solution. There is no way to police supremacy in the arena that people cannot lie to exploit, due to the above mentioned lack of oversight. I suggest you start a thread and let people post about their supremacy there, and authorize wonder magnets in signatures from that thread.

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 11:07:48 PM »
Couldn't you just make an award that other forum members can award to anyone but not themselves?  So I could award Sailor a magnet for kicking my butt, but couldn't fake it and give myself one... unless I want to goto the effort of creating a dummy account, and then I've got so many ego problems I probably wouldn't be worrying about 'magnets'.

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Wonder Magnets
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 06:01:24 AM »
Couldn't you just make an award that other forum members can award to anyone but not themselves?  So I could award Sailor a magnet for kicking my butt, but couldn't fake it and give myself one... unless I want to goto the effort of creating a dummy account, and then I've got so many ego problems I probably wouldn't be worrying about 'magnets'.

I'm thinking the best way to accomplish this is to give Wonder Magnets for specific verifiable accomplishments. Liking winning an OCTGN tournament, or something.