April 29, 2024, 12:50:17 PM

Author Topic: Chicago and Chicago Suburbs  (Read 3740 times)

SpaceWizard

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Chicago and Chicago Suburbs
« on: January 28, 2015, 12:36:28 AM »
Hey everyone, recently I've gotten pretty heavily into mage wars and am looking to expand past OCTGN and get into contact with some local players.

I currently am pretty busy with class, but hopefully I can find a few folks to start a little group up with in the next few weeks as my schedule opens up. If anyone is in the Chicagoland area, or the nearby suburbs of chicago, perhaps we can meet up somewhere and get a few games in, possibly organize a tournament if enough people are around.

Let's get a conversation going about possible days/times/places to meet up at, and if enough people are around or we can form up a large enough play group, I'll start looking around at places to host tournaments at as well.

Cheers!

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Chicago and Chicago Suburbs
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 09:00:41 AM »
Define the Chicago suburbs by being more specific.

I currently live in Elgin. I also have friends that play MW who live in Elgin, Geneva, Rockford, Dekalb, Naerville, Darien, Palatine. and Madison WI.

I am usually at Durty Nellies in Palatine Every Tuesday for TableTop Tuesday presented by [toggle Gaming] (were on Facebook) and there are usually 60-100 people playing all sorts of Various Games.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 09:36:18 AM »
Glen Ellyn here.  I'm hoping to get up to Durty Nellies soon, but I haven't gone yet.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Intangible0

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 10:39:13 AM »
Coshade and myself are also in the area. We've been relatively inactive lately but that's changing now. Let us know what you decide on!
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster

SpaceWizard

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 01:42:07 PM »
I currently live in Chicago, but have been to Durty Nellies before. I travel back and forth to the northwest suburbs of chicago occasionally, right by Barrington, so meeting up at Durty Nellies isn't out of the question. I was hoping to find some people willing to play frequently closer inside the city, but I'll definitely look to stop by Durty Nellies soon. If I am V10, I'll be sure to send a message and perhaps we can meet up and get some games in!

Intangible0, I'd be willing to meet up for some games sometime. I've checked out the Arcane Duels youtube page and love the work. Let me know where you guys play regularly and we could try and get a game together!

Intangible0

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 03:10:22 PM »
I feel that there have been many posts about getting a scene up in Chicago but none of those people who have posted have really met up/coordinated. Perhaps you should work on getting a nearby gaming shop to set up a scene in the city? There's plenty of options out there and a strong Chicago scene would really increase Illinois' community.

ViolentRay, myself, Coshade and whoever else V10 has conscripted are actually a little cabal. Regardless on whether I or Coshade are available or not ViolentRay is almost always at Nellies on Tuesdays, saying of course he isn't watching the little Seedling Pod he had a week ago (his baby).

We should totally meet up, I actually have a couple more people that we've been teaching how to play and I would love it if you could teach them a lesson or two by grinding them into dust.

If you ever get a few people together in the City some weekend, let us know. I'll try to come out there and play a game or so.
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster