April 29, 2024, 02:28:28 PM

Author Topic: MW Guild Wars (Hogwarts-style year-long house cup competition)  (Read 3895 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
MW Guild Wars (Hogwarts-style year-long house cup competition)
« on: January 02, 2015, 02:06:01 PM »
This is an idea I had to have the OCTGN mage wars league make a comeback. A yearlong competition between guilds/houses on OCTGN. The guild/house with the highest  total win/loss ratio at the end of the year is the winner.

There are four guilds/houses:

X-Masters (Neat! Why so serious? For proud and fun spellbook builders and casual players)

Overpowered (OMFG you've gotta be kidding me that's broken AND its legal!? Yep, and we'll keep using it until it's fixed. For the Munchkins)

Scarlet (Scarlet. For the bloodthirsty)

Level 19 (This guild does not exist...OR DOES IT!? For the mysterious and inscrutable, and also lovers of theme and flavor)

Once you've signed up to join a guild, you cannot switch your guild until the end of the year.

I'm not sure this idea can be implemented without Sike or ACG's help though, since the wins and losses of all participants would need to be recorded and added to the house totals, and the OCTGN mage wars league leader boards have not been updated in forever.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: MW Guild Wars (Hogwarts-style year-long house cup competition)
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 02:33:16 PM »
There are many new and active octgn players in the last month. I would like to be a part of such a leage system. The recording matter should not be a problem. Teamleaders could do that after getting screenshots.
Akiro, I have never prayed to you before. No one will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that one stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Akiro... so grant me strength! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 04:29:40 PM »
Could be a good idea so put players, that know each other and/or speak the same language, in the same team.
There could be a german, an english/american, russian, french and a chinese team.

You would only  need to be an active player to join a team, not nessessary the badass player. In the team itself there could be a teacher system. Your team members could watch your games and help you to improve.

Tracking the standings is easy. We just need something similar to charmynas list.
Akiro, I have never prayed to you before. No one will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that one stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Akiro... so grant me strength! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 05:19:54 PM »
I would propose the following rules for matches:
-If two players agree to play a match, they should bring enough time to finish it.
-Games should be named “league match” or something similar, so everyone can see what is going on.
-Spectating should be allowed as long as this is not bugging the game (octgn can be a bit nasty sometimes)
-We play on octgn, so promos are available to all players and should therefore be allowed. The game is more fun with them. Only ballista spam (using more than one ballista at the same time) should be forbidden.
-At the end of a game (or when a player disconnects) at least one of the players should take a screenshot. These screenshots can be used by the team leaders to update the league standings.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 05:01:16 PM »
Okay, you're right. Guilds will be at least 3 members with no upper limit to guild size or number of guilds. Guilds can name themselves however they want. I'll start another thread for the list of guilds and their members.

Edit: Thanks to the brainstorming from this thread, I made a new, official thread for the league, that's much clearer and better organized. You can find it here:

http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=15038.0
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 10:39:23 PM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.