April 19, 2024, 07:37:42 PM

Author Topic: organizing your MW Components.  (Read 8786 times)

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
organizing your MW Components.
« on: December 21, 2014, 10:44:18 PM »
So I organized all of my mage wars bits. this is a Plano 3700 container. I needed to use the dividers from 2 trays. luckily they were on sale last week dirt Cheap on Amazon. I have all the condition makers and what not for 2 copies of everything in here currently. 20 blue, 20 red, 20 yellow, 20 green, 10, grey and 10 purple action markers. also 10 of 3 different colors of mini dice. I'm going to make an Excel form to place inside the Lid to label all or the different groupings.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 10:47:41 PM by V10lentray »
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: organizing your MW Components.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 01:41:15 AM »
Nice!

I used almos the same system except that mine is smaller and contain only action marker for 4 players. It is easier to transport.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Arlemus

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 03:08:31 AM »
Looks good.  I also recently bought an organizing tray and it's fairly similar; a bit less compact, though.  I want to pick up some of those small dice too.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer

IndyPendant

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 12:56:39 PM »
Wait, what?  Small coloured dice?  Why haven't I heard of this before?!? : )  Where can I get some of those?

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 10:17:44 PM »
They had them at Gen Con and the other conventions they go to.

They were on the website for a while, but issues with the distribution company cause them to take them down.

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 04:16:23 PM »
One of the things I've been curious about how others have managed is how you've sorted your tokens?  Most of mine started off sensible as like stun and daze are flip sides of each other, but as expansions have come out, the dual side nature has become more and more spread; now I've got groups like taint/bleed/etc/etc and they might as well just be in a bucket together...

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2014, 09:09:12 PM »

and they might as well just be in a bucket together...

Exactly. You can't organize them all, so why try? I do tend to separate out the most needed conditions for my currently used spellbooks though. For instance, if I'm using a warlock, I'll want burn tokens separated out and if I'm using priestess or air wiz I will often want daze/stun.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2014, 03:21:48 AM »
I sorted out Burn tokens and Stun tokens. Rest depends on what mage i play or hold in favor. Righ now, tainted and bleed tokens are put into special tray but other tokens are in a "bucket" :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2014, 08:14:49 AM »
here is what I have done. I put this on the inside of the lid.

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2014, 08:19:13 AM »
I will say, that my biggest complaint about this game is the fact that the markers are a complete disaster in how they were printed.

I have bought a hand held die cutter and was going to scan all of the markers and try to make new markers, where both sides were the same and get rid of the current markers, but I haven't yet.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2014, 08:35:39 AM »

I will say, that my biggest complaint about this game is the fact that the markers are a complete disaster in how they were printed.

I have bought a hand held die cutter and was going to scan all of the markers and try to make new markers, where both sides were the same and get rid of the current markers, but I haven't yet.

I like having double sided condition markers. What I don't like is when some sleep conditions are dazes on the other side, and others are burns. It should be one or the other.

It would also be nice if they could use more of the ideas from ACG's MW portability project. I'm hoping the modular arena tiles in battlegrounds will make mage wars a lot more portable.

ACG actually did recommend a solution to the problem of un-organizable condition markers ages ago.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2014, 08:45:43 AM »
I don't mind them being double sided, I just wish the double sidedness made more sense. and were easier to organize. I own, 3 opened core sets (and one still sealed), but only carry the markers for 2.

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2014, 10:29:08 PM »
Can someone give me the best method of storing all of my spare cards (sleeved or not)? A company and model number of the container would be perfect. I have been looking for a while, and so far all I've gotten is a shoe box where I taped cardboard dividers (five sections).
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2014, 10:41:23 PM »
I went to a baseball card shop and bought a card box. I have 2 of every expansion, plus more promo cards than I can shake a stick at, plus i have every card sleeved in Ultra-Pro Sleeves in the box. the box i use has 2 rows.

before that i used a M:tg Holiday box. but any baseball card or magic card box is better than a shoe box.