September 28, 2024, 11:31:50 PM

Author Topic: Mage Wars on OCTGN - Installation  (Read 4429 times)

lukard

Mage Wars on OCTGN - Installation
« on: October 07, 2014, 10:08:33 PM »
Hey everybody,

Is there any video tutorial demonstrating how to install OCTGN and configure Mage Wars?

If not; then, I volunteer myself to make one. What do you guys think?

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Wars on OCTGN - Installation
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 12:11:33 AM »
Sure go for it.....
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 08:36:55 PM »
Does it exist yet? I have to figure out where to get it and then how to install it. Thanks!
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

andy

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 10:23:53 PM »
I have not seen any video like this.  Charmyna has a video on his twitch channel showing how to use OCTGN during the game (like, showing all the short cuts).  As somebody who has been thinking about learning how to play on OCTGN, the main things I'd want to see in the video beyond just the installation itself are:
- how to search for games
- how to start and join a game
- how to start a practice game (not open to other people) just to familiarize yourself with the interface

Boundlessblood

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 04:47:32 PM »
There's a tutorial video on an introduction to Octgn on the main page of their website, however it is rather lengthy.

Charmyna's video tutorial for Mage Wars on Octgn is a good starting point (he has a youtube channel named: Mage Wars), however it is outdated and does not include many of the automated systems now implemented in the Mage Wars module.

An updated video would definitely be a big help as the only way to learn that I've found is by fumbling through the first few matches on Octgn and hope I'm facing someone with more experience with the system.

A good start for a video would be to go to the Mage Wars Octgn Module website and perhaps use their text guide as a basis for a video.

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 05:56:47 PM »
There's a tutorial video on an introduction to Octgn on the main page of their website, however it is rather lengthy.

Charmyna's video tutorial for Mage Wars on Octgn is a good starting point (he has a youtube channel named: Mage Wars), however it is outdated and does not include many of the automated systems now implemented in the Mage Wars module.

Whose website? Is there an Octgn.com or something?

I watched one video (I don't remember which it was), but I was very confused by the end. OK, I was very confused toward the middle... but I looked at it as a positive experience as I got to see some things that I didn't know.

A good start for a video would be to go to the Mage Wars Octgn Module website and perhaps use their text guide as a basis for a video.

How do you get there? I heard that there was software to install... where do I find that? I'll look up the Mage Wars channel(?) on YouTube to see what is out there on it. Thanks!
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2015, 06:09:24 PM »
I typically post release information over in the Alternative Play section of the Mage Wars forums here. For example here is the post for last nights release. It typically has a link to the website in question. I know of a couple of players that are working on a soup to nuts walkthrough for installing OCTGN itself (the virtual tabletop platform), the Mage Wars on OCTGN module, how to install the image packs, and finally install the Spellbook Builder.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Boundlessblood

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 03:36:22 PM »
Whose website? Is there an Octgn.com or something?

I watched one video (I don't remember which it was), but I was very confused by the end. OK, I was very confused toward the middle... but I looked at it as a positive experience as I got to see some things that I didn't know.

The video I watched a bit of is found at: http://www.octgn.net/ on the front page when it loads. As I said, it's rather lengthy and I didn't even finish the whole thing, but aside from that I took a look around at the website to get the idea of how to download and install it.

How do you get there? I heard that there was software to install... where do I find that? I'll look up the Mage Wars channel(?) on YouTube to see what is out there on it. Thanks!

I went to http://octgn.gamersjudgement.com/wordpress/magewars/ and read about the installing of the module and image packs. It took a bit of time, but the main thing that might help out is that the module is installed from inside Octgn after you install the main program.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe sIKE is the developer of the module as well.