April 24, 2024, 06:55:40 AM

Author Topic: expensive canada shipping  (Read 6413 times)

echephron

• Player
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • The finest in mage wear...
    • View Profile
expensive canada shipping
« on: October 02, 2014, 04:46:15 PM »
ok internet: is there anyway to get the new magnetic status boards sent to canada without paying ~$35 in shipping? the things cost like $12. I'm guessing they are only available on arcane wonders store.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
Re: expensive canada shipping
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 04:52:26 PM »
ok internet: is there anyway to get the new magnetic status boards sent to canada without paying ~$35 in shipping? the things cost like $12. I'm guessing they are only available on arcane wonders store.
I can tell from listening to my friend over at go7gaming.com customs to Canada are quite pricey on top of the base shipping costs.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

echephron

• Player
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • The finest in mage wear...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 05:23:09 PM »
eww. wierd thing is that if i bought these things at my flgs, they are roughly the same price, minus the crazy shipping. not that i understand such things.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

enozama

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 12:27:16 AM »
Hi my fellow Canadian! I have the same problem as you, but, if you look at the shipping options, you can take the international shipping (instead of usps) and it brings down the shipping fee to around 12$ (for the status board). But yeah, it still doubles the price of the item, which still makes me wonder if I buy them or not.

C Savy

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 09:47:59 AM »
I'd love to support Arcane Wonders directly from the web store but it's unreasonable as a Canadian. Because of the shipping prices I'm forced to give more money to Amazon instead. I (just now) created an order for the 4th printing arena as a test and the shipping cost is $56!! with no other options. With promo packs perpetually out of stock and broken shipping costs I don't understand the business model of that online store.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
expensive canada shipping
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2015, 03:07:53 PM »
I'd love to support Arcane Wonders directly from the web store but it's unreasonable as a Canadian. Because of the shipping prices I'm forced to give more money to Amazon instead. I (just now) created an order for the 4th printing arena as a test and the shipping cost is $56!! with no other options. With promo packs perpetually out of stock and broken shipping costs I don't understand the business model of that online store.

The explanation is quite simple and you kind of said it already. The problem isnt how arcane wonders prices their store. The problem is the shipping costs to ship it to Canada. From the sound of it the shipping costs are not that ridiculous everywhere else.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

C Savy

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2015, 11:59:33 PM »
It's not like shipping is new. We (Canadians) buy tons of stuff from the states and have it shipped. There are cheap ways to get things shipped. I'm guessing Arcane is in a non-compete with all the board game shops and therefore has very little reason to actually maintain a functioning online store presence. I'll keep getting Amazon to ship to me free in 2 days. I was just wanting to support this company directly if I could.