April 27, 2024, 02:09:45 AM

Author Topic: How important is equipment?  (Read 3724 times)

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
How important is equipment?
« on: September 19, 2014, 05:31:56 AM »
Im considering opening with a double [mwcard=MW1J04]Battle Forge[/mwcard] at turn 1. (not vs. a Warlord)

I might even harmonize both.

The one being used to bring out cheap equipment each round, and the other every 2nd or 3rd round for the more expensive stuff.

Is this a horrible idea?

I guess i could just ask: How important is equipment? (and actions)

This would probably only be relevant for spellbooks with very few or no creatures.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 07:22:44 AM by Biblofilter »
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever

zorro

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: How important is euipment?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 07:19:27 AM »
Equipment may be important... but how much equipment are you going to use in order for two battleforges to be efective?

Bf turn 1 allos you to get 4 equipment until turn 5: chespiece, ring, cloak, and weapon. If instead of droping a second battleforge plus harmonize, you could  get another two pieces of equipment (boots gloves). You still have place for three more equipment, ring, necklace, and offhand... i think having then two battlforges then is really overkill.

Maybe if you plan a really fast agression you would want 2 battleforget to get equipment pieces fast... but then, probably you will lack the mana to employ the actions...

So i would go with just 1 battleforge in order to get fast priority equipment... what mage and equipment are you thinking about?

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: How important is equipment?
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 07:37:45 AM »
Im thinking of any mage that would consider go into melee:
Johktari Beastmaster
Priest
Warlord (probably the dwarf with all the runes)
Warlock
Wizard

I don´t know much about Druid, Forcemaster, Necromancer.

But for example that Push-Bow Druid Spellbook, might be an example with the 11 mana [mwcard=MWSTX1CKQ02]Hunting Bow[/mwcard].

I could see a Gunslinger Wizardspellbook with a [mwcard=MW1Q19]Mage Wand[/mwcard] and an [mwcard=MW1Q08]Elemental Wand[/mwcard], coming out firing every round, but thats probably only a fantasy :) I guess you could play a Blasting Banker like that..
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever

echephron

• Player
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • The finest in mage wear...
    • View Profile
Re: How important is equipment?
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 02:37:22 PM »
I could see this maybe working with a warlord. The trick is to have a bunch of cheap equipment and quickcast options.

[mwcard=FWI06]Power Strike[/mwcard] with a [mwcard=FWQ08]Ring of Command[/mwcard] and maybe a POWER RUNED [mwcard=FWQ05]Helm of Command[/mwcard] would be an easy way to have a cheap but helpful quickcast.

I'd expect you to have at least 4 pieces of equipment for each battleforge to cast before round 5

edit: Also, I assume you will have 1 creature.

List of cheapish equipment for an equipment spammy dwarf warlord
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFQ03]Eisenach's Forge Hammer[/mwcard] for sure
[mwcard=FWQ08]Ring of Command[/mwcard] and maybe [mwcard=FWQ02]Defense Ring[/mwcard] or [mwcard=MW1Q09]Enchanter's Ring[/mwcard]

[mwcard=DNQ07]Veteran's Belt[/mwcard], [mwcard=MW1Q23]Regrowth Belt[/mwcard], or [mwcard=MWSTX1CKQ03]Colossus Belt[/mwcard]

[mwcard=MW1Q07]Elemental Cloak[/mwcard]

[mwcard=MWSTX1CKQ01]Sunfire Amulet[/mwcard]

[mwcard=MW1Q16]Leather Gloves[/mwcard], [mwcard=MW1Q0a4]Deflection Bracers[/mwcard] ,or [mwcard=MW1Q11]Gauntlets of Strength[/mwcard]

[mwcard=MW1Q15]Leather Boots[/mwcard], [mwcard=MWSTX1CKQ06]Eagleclaw Boots[/mwcard], or expensive [mwcard=MWSTX1CKQ04]Reflex Boots[/mwcard]

[mwcard=DNQ09]Wand of Healing[/mwcard], [mwcard=FWQ05]Helm of Command[/mwcard]

« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 02:52:52 PM by echephron »