April 27, 2024, 11:25:17 PM

Author Topic: Whosyercon 2015 - Indianapolis IN USA  (Read 17755 times)

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Whosyercon 2015 - Indianapolis IN USA
« on: September 17, 2014, 04:53:45 PM »
Are there any current plans to have an event at Whosyercon next year? This would be April 17th-19th, 2015 at the Wyndham Indianapolis West hotel. (See http://whosyergamers.org for information.)

I'd offer to help someone if they are going to be there, or if no one from AW will be hosting any kind of event, I'd offer to put something together. I know there are a few folks in the Indy area who might want to play, and that there are others in the outlying area who might be interested as well.

If someone at AW wants to contact me about this, please feel free.

If anyone has interest in playing at this con, please post it here... as well as whether you would like a formal tournament, or informal play, or both.

Thanks!
Dave
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Whosyercon 2015 - Indianapolis IN USA
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 02:54:03 PM »
Since no one official has responded, should I take it that no one official / with the company is planning to create an event at Whosyercon 2015?

As I said, I will be glad to put something together (and probably can get a game store backup, if needed)... but I need to know sometime soon if so.

Do I even need to check with you all to see if I can run an event?

Thanks!
Dave

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 03:11:29 PM »
If you're an ambassador you can schedule and run events with out the permission of AW.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 11:57:22 PM »
Thanks... I didn't know what ambassadors were (or that there were such a thing). I've just applied. Perhaps I will hear back from Patrick sometime soon. I appreciate the lead!

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 12:32:40 AM »
Patrick is no longer with the company. Aaron (laddinfance) and Scott (Toxiq) are amnaging the ambassador program now.

If my wife and i weren't having a baby early next year and I've already limited my work travel schedule because of it, i would be willing to come down and help with it.

Wise fool

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 09:13:30 PM »
Patrick is no longer with the company. Aaron (laddinfance) and Scott (Toxiq) are amnaging the ambassador program now.

If my wife and i weren't having a baby early next year and I've already limited my work travel schedule because of it, i would be willing to come down and help with it.

Didn't know you were expecting.  Congrats!  (Off topic, sorry)

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 10:09:28 AM »
I'm sorry that we had not responded to this post. However, you'll want to email Scott, as he handles the shows we go to. I help him with the ambassador program. We'll have to see what we can do. Thanks Dave!

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2014, 04:00:34 PM »
Thanks for the reply... I'll drop him an email now.

Dave

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2014, 09:07:44 PM »
I have a go-ahead to run events at Whosyercon in mid April (Indianapolis, IN USA).

I will be offering a tournament (75 mins, pretty standard fare), and am in the process of contacting one of the local game store owners to help support it.

If you expect to attend and play in the tournament, please drop me a note (either in this thread or via messages) letting me know when on Saturday you believe would be best for you.

I will be there all day Friday through Sunday, and will also be setting up other times to demo the game and allow folks to come play others outside of the tourney.

Thanks,
Dave

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2015, 08:44:34 PM »
Update: I have submitted events for Friday evening and through the day on Saturday:

We have a total of three two-hour slots with two demo games in each (Friday night and Saturday morning), a three-round tournament offering Saturday afternoon (starts at 1 p.m.), and a 2 vs. 2 team game Saturday night (starts at 7 p.m.)

Dave

I have a go-ahead to run events at Whosyercon in mid April (Indianapolis, IN USA).

I will be offering a tournament (75 mins, pretty standard fare), and am in the process of contacting one of the local game store owners to help support it.

If you expect to attend and play in the tournament, please drop me a note (either in this thread or via messages) letting me know when on Saturday you believe would be best for you.

I will be there all day Friday through Sunday, and will also be setting up other times to demo the game and allow folks to come play others outside of the tourney.

Thanks,
Dave

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2015, 06:57:32 AM »
What is the procedure for prize support / promo cards for folks involved in MW events at Cons? There are a couple of store owners who probably would help, but I need to know specifics... what do I ask of them (do I help with any cost involved, what do I get them to order, how long does it take to get the stuff, etc.)?

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2015, 08:36:13 AM »
Your best bet would be to email scott morris at Arcanewonder.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2015, 08:39:26 AM »
The simplest bit of prize support are OP kits. Several of their major distributors should have them and they can order them at our cost. Now, if for some reason their distributors cannot get an OP kit, please let me know and we can work with them directly and see what we can do.

However, as you've mentioned that you have a couple store owners interested in helping then Ray is right, we'll want to bring Scott in and see what we can do. I'll try to speak to him today about it.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2015, 09:23:58 AM »
What is the procedure for prize support / promo cards for folks involved in MW events at Cons? There are a couple of store owners who probably would help, but I need to know specifics... what do I ask of them (do I help with any cost involved, what do I get them to order, how long does it take to get the stuff, etc.)?
For a non-store owner, become an Ambassador.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2015, 04:31:49 PM »
I have spoken with the folks, and have been accepted as an Ambassador already. Does this mean that I can order them myself? I thought that I still needed to go through the stores....