March 28, 2024, 03:43:23 AM

Author Topic: An honest and sincere thank you to Arcane Wonders.  (Read 6085 times)

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
An honest and sincere thank you to Arcane Wonders.
« on: September 11, 2014, 05:15:55 PM »
So a few months back I decided to host a charity tournament for the Wounded Warrior Project. I figured "Hey I like Mage Wars, I like soldiers lets make it happen." So I started doing the normal ground work stuff in that I got a ballroom donated, started talking it up around locally, and organizing the format. I also decided that prize support would be a good idea, all the research I've done over the years points strongly to gamers liking swag so I figured I should get some. Additional research showed gamers like food too so I got Papa Johns to donate some free pizzas too. For prize support I went and won some tournaments and chucked what I got into the prize bin, got some local vendors to pitch in a little something, and out of the blue decided to call Arcane Wonders and ask them to lend a hand.

After a little conversation where I basically proved I'm not some idiot trying for free stuff for myself(I'm an idiot giving free stuff to others) I got offered a very generous amount which took me back a bit. I understand Arcane Wonders is a smaller company compared to some of the big names in gaming so I didn't really know what to expect but the entire process of dealing with their staff has been an absolute pleasure and joy. Polite, professional, and on point the entire time I really can't say enough good about their crew. I was fortunate enough to basically luck into the best customer service I've ever received from a gaming company and I've dealt with a lot of the years doing stuff like this. The last of the big packages just arrived half an hour ago and I am blown away over how much they sent which is FAR more than they originally offered and exceedingly more than I could have hoped for. I'm still gathering a few more items on my own locally but I am literally overwhelmed by what I've received from absolute strangers who don't know me from Adam.

I picked Wounded Warrior because I personally feel very strongly that our wounded men and women who have fought for our freedoms get a raw deal in this country and this was my way to do what I can for them. I have no idea what Arcane Wonders feels about the topic one way or the other but I want to personally thank them from the bottom of my geek heart for their help. A very special thank you to Patrick Connor, Scott Morris, and especially Alifya Pope.

Thank you Arcane Wonders
Silver Claw Grizzly
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 01:13:33 PM by silverclawgrizzly »
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: An honest and sincere thank you to Arcane Wonders.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 05:55:26 PM »
I completely agree with everything you just said. Arcane wonders is a wonderful company and our veterans deserve much better treatment than they get. Your charity event was a fantastic idea, and I wish I could have gone to it.

Not that it matters, but I've gained some newfound respect for you, silverclaw. I'm sorry if I was a bit of an overly dramatic jerk to you before.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Maverick

• Ambassador - Twin Cities MN
  • Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • I got a fever, and the only cure is Mage Wars!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 07:09:04 PM »
As a Veteran and a Mage Wars player I thank you and Arcane Wonders for the support.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
Easy, guys.. I put my pants on just like the rest of you -- one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I win Mage Wars!

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 08:24:00 PM »
Maverick what branch did you serve in sir?

Maverick

• Ambassador - Twin Cities MN
  • Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • I got a fever, and the only cure is Mage Wars!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 08:52:49 PM »

I presently serve in the MN Army National Guard. I am a 68W20 more commonly known as a Combat Medic.

Edit: Also please don't call me sir. You will force me to use the "Don't call me sir, I work for a living." Cliche. lol
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
Easy, guys.. I put my pants on just like the rest of you -- one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I win Mage Wars!

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, 09:01:58 PM »

I presently serve in the MN Army National Guard. I am a 68W20 more commonly known as a Combat Medic.

Edit: Also please don't call me sir. You will force me to use the "Don't call me sir, I work for a living." Cliche. lol

Hehe sorry about that. Been a long time since I was in basic.

Toxziq

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • "Now... bring me that horizon..."
    • View Profile
    • Crits Happen
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 10:39:58 AM »
So a few months back I decided to host a charity tournament for the Wounded Warrior Project. I figured "Hey I like Mage Wars, I like soldiers lets make it happen." So I started doing the normal ground work stuff in that I got a ballroom donated, started talking it up around locally, and organizing the format. I also decided that prize support would be a good idea, all the research I've done over the years points strongly to gamers liking swag so I figured I should get some. Additional research showed gamers like food too so I got Papa Johns to donate some free pizzas too. For prize support I went and won some tournaments and chucked what I got into the prize bin, got some local vendors to pitch in a little something, and out of the blue decided to call Arcane Wonders and ask them to lend a hand.

After a little conversation where I basically proved I'm not some idiot trying for free stuff for myself(I'm an idiot giving free stuff to others) I got offered a very generous amount which took me back a bit. I understand Arcane Wonders is a smaller company compared to some of the big names in gaming so I didn't really know what to expect but the entire process of dealing with their staff has been an absolute pleasure and joy. Polite, professional, and on point the entire time I really can't say enough good about their crew. I was fortunate enough to basically luck into the best customer service I've ever received from a gaming company and I've dealt with a lot of the years doing stuff like this. The last of the big packages just arrived half an hour ago and I am blown away over how much they sent which is FAR more than they originally offered and exceedingly more than I could have hoped for. I'm still gathering a few more items on my own locally but I am literally overwhelmed by what I've received from absolute strangers who don't know me from Adam.

I picked Wounded Warrior because I personally feel very strongly that our wounded men and women who have fought for our freedoms get a raw deal in this country and this was my way to do what I can for them. I have no idea what Arcane Wonders feels about the topic one way or the other but I want to personally thank them from the bottom of my geek heart for their help. A very special thank you to Patrick Connor, Scott Morris, and especially Alifya Pope.

Thank you Arcane Wonders
Silver Claw Grizzly

Excellent to hear this and we're so glad we could help.  Thank you for connecting with us and congratulations on an excellent cause and event!
  • Favourite Mage: Anvil Throne Warlord

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2014, 04:00:06 PM »
when and where is this event?
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2014, 04:17:41 PM »
All of the information you need is in this >>Thread<<.