April 26, 2024, 09:17:23 PM

Author Topic: Mage Wars on OCTGN  (Read 88152 times)

Tyrnan

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Wars on OCTGN
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2016, 07:22:27 AM »
After the lastest update the validate plugin doesn't seem to work properly. It seems that it doesn't detect the mage correctly for which the spellbook is constructed. When validating a spellbook that contains "Mage only" cards (e.g. Sacrificial Altar) it gives the following error message: "Validation FAILED. The card Sacrificial Altar is not legal in a none in deck deck.
But this deck definiteley contains a necromancer mage and ability card. It validated just fine until after the latest update. I tried with different decks with different mages (all decks that vaildated fine before) it is always the same. I really need to tweak one of my books before my next match in ADMW tomorrow ... has anyone an idea how I can tell the validator that my book has a certain mage card in it?
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
OCTGN: Tyrnan (GMT +1)

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2016, 08:07:02 AM »
Update your Spellbook Builder Plugin. You can find it in your Octgn/Gamboards/StrangeNumber/Plugins-Folder.
Akiro, I have never prayed to you before. No one will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that one stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Akiro... so grant me strength! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Tyrnan

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2016, 08:26:12 AM »
Thank you. That solved it. I forgot that it needs to be updated separately  :-[
OCTGN: Tyrnan (GMT +1)

Drefan

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2016, 08:29:13 AM »
It seems that armor from equipment is not being registered.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
Octagon user: Drefan

gw

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2016, 06:11:33 PM »
encountered 2 things:

1. armor (equpiment) wasn't recognized and veteran's belt conversion didn't work properly.
problems didn't occur from the beginning. random time in the gamee (no idea what could have a triggered it) it stopped working

2. wanted to attack a wallo thorns with my knight of west and guard angel. instead of initiating attack sequence it prompted me to pay mana for a spell.
OCTGN: gw (GMT+1 currently)

fas723

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2016, 09:49:09 AM »
Where do I find the latest image pack? The one used by Arcane Duels with the PvS stuff?

Edit: Never mind. As always after you have looked for a while and posted here you find it.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 09:51:32 AM by fas723 »

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2016, 10:03:05 AM »
Where do I find the latest image pack? The one used by Arcane Duels with the PvS stuff?

Edit: Never mind. As always after you have looked for a while and posted here you find it.

Hope to play you on OCTGN!
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

fas723

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 01, 2017, 01:22:11 PM »
Hope to play you on OCTGN!

Sure! Maybe you can give me the crash course then? I played a few games over a year ago, but I have forgot everything by now.  :o
Available this coming weekend? I'm at CET, so we have to adapt the time diff.

VictorE

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2017, 02:50:17 PM »
I'm new to Mage Wars this year and really like it. Would love to figure out how to play in on OCTGN. I installed it, installed the image pack, and built a spellbook. When I went into the arena and started a game (just by myself to figure things out), nothing shows up when I load a deck. I've tried the one I constructed and the included decks. There are no cards in the card area though. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it? Thank you.

Edit: Reinstalled. Everything working now, but I'm still figuring it out. Great program in my humble opinion.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 07:39:44 PM by VictorE »

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2017, 08:04:44 PM »
i can't open octgn on the library computers anymore. it says that it requires .net framework v4.6 and the university refused to install it even though it's totally free and takes barely any time to install at all. does anyone know why octgn isn't working anymore? did they update octgn to require v4.6 of .net framework, and if so why did they do that?
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Jsmkd

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2017, 04:54:02 PM »
Hi all. I'm New to the OCTGN and I fallowed the steps on how to get mage wars the best I could. But I don't have the Images for all of the new cards. Like PvS and the Academy cards. I'm I missing an Image pack? Thanks for any help.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 07:20:31 PM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2018, 08:02:52 PM »
Where can i find the last packs? new forcemaster, paladyn etc

Drefan

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2018, 09:06:35 PM »
Where can i find the last packs? new forcemaster, paladyn etc
the post above you :)
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
Octagon user: Drefan

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2018, 09:31:23 PM »
Yea I have that current problem on my computer Sailor.  I have a version of windows that is does not support the net framework update and I am unable to properly play bc of it.  It's not difficult to update as long as you have the current windows update.  Hoping to get the new update or a new computer.  I hope to be back on OCTGN soon. 
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster