March 28, 2024, 05:40:25 PM

Author Topic: Mage Wars on OCTGN  (Read 81286 times)

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Wars on OCTGN
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2014, 09:35:03 AM »
Sorry about that, I'm European.
If you are trying to use Matchmaking that is more than likely you issue, most players still do not use that. Go to the game lobby and look for games there and use the OCTGN lobby to chat up a game.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

BoomFrog

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2014, 12:45:13 PM »
This would be a nice feature but it would have to come from the OCTGN team. Ctrl+G is the shortcut key strokes to add and flip that particular marker you just have to hover your mouse over that marker. In game it is Right Click on the Card | Toggle Markers | Toggle Guard Marker

Are you alluding to the fact that it is in the Toggle Markers menu? If so that is a no win situation for me. If I were to move out all of those Toggle menu items to the root I would have others complaining the other way.
@sike: Oh, okay. I didn't realize that it was in the toggle markers instead of add token. Good to know. Thanks for your answers and support for the OCTGN mage wars community. :)

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2014, 04:50:23 PM »
This would be a nice feature but it would have to come from the OCTGN team. Ctrl+G is the shortcut key strokes to add and flip that particular marker you just have to hover your mouse over that marker. In game it is Right Click on the Card | Toggle Markers | Toggle Guard Marker

Are you alluding to the fact that it is in the Toggle Markers menu? If so that is a no win situation for me. If I were to move out all of those Toggle menu items to the root I would have others complaining the other way.
@sike: Oh, okay. I didn't realize that it was in the toggle markers instead of add token. Good to know. Thanks for your answers and support for the OCTGN mage wars community. :)
All of the two-sided tokens can be found there, since they flip.....

BoomFrog

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2014, 06:01:57 PM »
I had no idea it had two sides... :p

BoomFrog

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2014, 10:13:05 PM »
I just wish the validator in the deck builder worked. It works in game, but in the deck builder it seems to always use default costs of 2 sp per level, ignoring my mages training.
@Boomfrog

Add the Mage card first (to the Mage section of the builder) and then the Mage Stats card that will let the SBB know what rules to enforce.
I finally got a chance to try this out and it still didn't work for me.  I started a new book, added the druid card to the mage section, then the druid stat card.  Then I added an acid ball to the attack spells section and a vine snapper to the creatures.  I tried validating and it said 6sp used.  I'm not sure what I could be doing wrong.

EDIT:  Oops, found the answer to my problem on the FAQ.

Q: Why does the Spellbook Validator plugin calculate the spell point value of the spell book to be wildly inaccurate?

A: The plugin has not been updated to the latest version. Please review the SBB page to find the procedure to update the Spellbook Builder DLL to the latest released version.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 10:22:47 AM by BoomFrog »

Cancuino

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2014, 05:00:51 PM »
I'm having a problem with the Plugin Validator, I'm making a Necro spell book with the Sacrificial Altar and the validator tells me that this is not legal in a Necromancer deck.

zorro

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2014, 01:58:05 AM »
Thanks for the guide, Schwenkgott, is really straightforward and easy to follow. I set up octogon for mage wars, and yesterday was lucky to have a chat with Charmyna, who pointed my to a short but comprehensive video tutorial, and later with fapostol who was kind and patient enought to play with me my first game. Thank you both ;)

Expect me seen loged (zorro_jv) in from time to time around 20:00 UTC/GMT (i'm from Madrid, Spain)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 12:50:55 PM by zorro »
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

lukard

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2014, 08:51:32 AM »
... a short but comprehensive video tutorial...

Hey Zorro, can you please tell me the URL for this video tutorial? Thanks.

zorro

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2014, 12:50:11 PM »
... a short but comprehensive video tutorial...

Hey Zorro, can you please tell me the URL for this video tutorial? Thanks.

Sure, here you got:

http://www.twitch.tv/charmyna/c/3802698
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Fly Molo

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2014, 11:01:57 AM »
Played a game this weekend vs. dchamp. Good game. I was a Necro and he was a Priest. He gave me a good trouncing. Are you still collecting names for people who play? If so I'm warder808 on OCTGN.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 11:10:55 AM by Fly Molo »

Fly Molo

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2014, 11:12:03 AM »
Which do you guys like better for creating decks? Does the forum deckbuilder files work with OCTGN? If so, how? Or do you use the builder in OCTGN?

lukard

« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2014, 11:42:24 AM »
Which do you guys like better for creating decks? Does the forum deckbuilder files work with OCTGN? If so, how? Or do you use the builder in OCTGN?

I prefer creating spellbooks straight on OCTGN. However, the latest version allows you to import online spellbooks (the forum spellbook builder) using .txt format.

You will need to install Mage Wars plugin as described here: http://octgn.gamersjudgement.com/wordpress/magewars/install-2/sbb/

Next you need to follow these steps:

#1. Create your spellbook at: http://forum.arcanewonders.com/sbb/index.php
#2. Open the menu "Export >> Text" and save it in your computer
#3. Start OCTGN and click on the menu "Deck Editor"
#4. Open the menu "Plugins >> OCTGN Deck Converter"
#5. Click on the button "File on my computer"
#6. Browse the file saved on #2 and hit next
#7. Review your spellbook and click on "Load deck in OCTGN"

Cheers,
Lukard

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2014, 11:50:14 AM »

I prefer creating spellbooks straight on OCTGN. However, the latest version allows you to import online spellbooks (the forum spellbook builder) using .txt format.

You will need to install Mage Wars plugin as described here: http://octgn.gamersjudgement.com/wordpress/magewars/install-2/sbb/

Next you need to follow these steps:

#1. Create your spellbook at: http://forum.arcanewonders.com/sbb/index.php
#2. Open the menu "Export >> Text" and save it in your computer
#3. Start OCTGN and click on the menu "Deck Editor"
#4. Open the menu "Plugins >> OCTGN Deck Converter"
#5. Click on the button "File on my computer"
#6. Browse the file saved on #2 and hit next
#7. Review your spellbook and click on "Load deck in OCTGN"

Cheers,
Lukard
Thanks for that Lukard! You can also create the spellbook in OCTGN and Export the book to the SBB format that the online SBB uses.

Mystery

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2014, 02:58:51 PM »
anyone in the next hour online for starting a game?

Baldur333

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2014, 02:51:01 PM »
Thank you for the detailed information about OCTGN and the installation.

Took me some time to understand all, but works fine now.

Baldur333