April 25, 2024, 03:26:30 AM

Author Topic: Anvil Throne Warlord 2 in 1- Talos and his ¨Dwarven Buddies/Goblin Slaves¨  (Read 5503 times)

Ahlano

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Hi!!!... So do you like the warlord... anvil throne of course :v... i dont know the orc warlord look a bit too green for me :p... he is like the hulk... well that could be cool... anywaaay...

Here i have 2 spellbooks...kinda... 2 in 1... so ive been playing games and since i dont have spelltomes i tend to lack cards to build multiple spellbooks... or sometimes i just really want to build a necromancer or warlord deck but dont want to carry one book and then disamble to create the other... so i came up with this.. ¨system¨... basically start building the core of the deck... the difference between the 2 i want to build... and count the points... and after y try and build the other.. with exactly the same amount of points... and after that..i finish them both with cards that work for both books...

here my first example (yes...there will be more):

This is my Anvil Throne Warlord 2 in 1- Talos and his ¨Dwarven Buddies/Goblin Slaves¨

Its 90spell points base... the base is shared between the books... and 30 points of the core.. that way you can put all 90 points in your spell book.. and just swap between the other 30... i usually leave those 30 points of cards in the last pages...to easily swap-em

Here we go:

[spellbook]
[spellbookheader]
[spellbookname]Talos and his ¨Dwarven Buddies/Goblin Slaves¨[/spellbookname]
[mage]Anvil Throne Warlord[/mage]
[/spellbookheader]
[spells]
[spellclass]Attack[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MWSTX1CKA01]1 x  Surging Wave[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNA01]1 x  Acid Ball[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Conjuration[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MXSTX2FFJ02]1 x  Altar of Carnage[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWJ02]2 x  Archer's Watchtower[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFJ05]1 x  Construction Yard[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWJ03]1 x  Barracks[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFJ04]1 x  Armory[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX1CKW01]2 x  Wall of Steel[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFJ03]1 x  Altar of Domination[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Creature[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFC12]1 x  Talos[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Enchantment[/spellclass]
[mwcard=mw1e32]1 x  Regrowth[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e01]1 x  Bear Strength[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e21]2 x  Hawkeye[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e36]1 x  Rhino Hide[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e40]1 x  Vampirism[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFE04]1 x  Brace Yourself[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e20]1 x  Harmonize[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Equipment[/spellclass]
[mwcard=mw1q04]1 x  Deflection Bracers[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNQ09]1 x  Wand of Healing[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFQ04]1 x  General's Signet Ring[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNQ07]1 x  Veteran's Belt[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFQ06]1 x  Morning Star[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1q15]1 x  Leather Boots[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFQ03]1 x  Eisenach's Forge Hammer[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFQ05]2 x  Harshforge Plate[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Incantation[/spellclass]
[mwcard=mw1i07]2 x  Dissolve[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1i12]3 x  Force Push[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1i24]1 x  Seeking Dispel[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1i06]2 x  Dispel[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1i02]2 x  Battle Fury[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFI02]1 x  Conquer[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1i28]2 x  Teleport[/mwcard]
[/spells]
[cost]Total cost: 90 pts[/cost]
[/spellbook]

Dwarven Buddies

4x Guard
1x Grimson Deadeye, Sniper
1x Ludwig Boltstorm
1x Dwarf Panzergarde
2x Dwarf Kriegsbiel
2x Anvil Throne Crossbowman

1x Sir Corazin, Blademaster (his a Dwarf in heart, born n raised bellow the Anvil Throne... Adopted by a Dwarven Family? )

Goblin Slaves

5x Flank Attack
6x Goblin Grunt
4x Goblin Alchemist
4x Goblin Slinger

1x Gurmash, Orc Sergeant (He is just a big Goblin... he thinks he is an orc, he wants to believe it...just because he is ashemed of his Goblin Parents...So he now leads the group of slaves into battle)

So for both Books I start

Turn 1:
Barracks and Construction Yard... thats your 19 mana start... position of the outpots will depend on your oponent... but most likely you will have to move... to prepare for turn 2... You need to keep on eye for Outpost Placement restrictions

Turn 2:
Archers Watchtower + ?

Here they separate... with goblins you might want to start the swarm oriented approach... with dwarfs you can do nothing on turn 2..and turn 3..summon from barracks -Grimson Deadeye, Sniper- and support him...

Both Decks i try to Damage, Distract and Defend....While I prepare Talos... If they go for the Altar or outpost.. you Damage the mage or kill the creatures... if they go for your creatures... Distract by placing the altar wich they have to attend.. or else... and if they go for you mage... Defend under your rocks...

Altar of Carnage is lovely with Goblin Slaves
Watch Towers are great with Dwarven Buddies

Mid Game you stop the minion production and concentrate on Armor and Healing if your mage took damage...

Conquer those Wizzard Towers and Battleforges...

Aaaaand thats all... for now... What do you think?

Likes Dislikes? Ideas? Questios? Tips? Do you like this 2 in 1 Format ? Comments are welcomed, thanked, and enjoyed!

Preview... Next spellbook is

Necromancer - Death by Bones/Putrid Advance
Warlock FTW, untill necro comes out ._.

Battlehamster

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
I'll give you my input as a forcemaster. I love to see my opponent start with barracks + construction yard. Then you follow up with an archer tower and maybe one creature? This start will get eaten alive by an aggressive build as put forward by forcemaster (on you turn 2-3 at latest) or warlock beatdown.

You'll need to figure out an efficient start when facing a hyperaggressive rush spellbook as there are many in the meta these days. That is one of the weaknesses of MW at the moment, that there is often very little time to build up with a slower playing mage (like a warlord) before you're getting sliced and diced and burned.

Ahlano

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Sad and true... Im not very good when facing aggression... Any suggestions?

Need to play more games also.. I faced a beastmaster with kinda rush.. But he was a bit slow.. And grimson was summoned and one-shoted al the small ones... Gave me time to summon talos and gain enough tempo to crush...this was with dwarven buddies

Had another game vs a forcemaster... She went in and and pushed me twice through thorns...23 dmg.. While i was "preaparing" yet i managed to conquer her battleforge andturtle.. So i has 2 aftions in advance.. More armor and regen...and ended up winning...this was with goblin salves

So i need more games... The few ive had gone a bit too.good... Need to lose more to see what i can improove... Im afraid of a forcemaster rushing to me and force-hammering my conjurations... Or a priestess building heaven  in the arena... That could be overwhealming o.o ...

Arlemus

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
I'll give you my input as a forcemaster. I love to see my opponent start with barracks + construction yard. Then you follow up with an archer tower and maybe one creature? This start will get eaten alive by an aggressive build as put forward by forcemaster (on you turn 2-3 at latest) or warlock beatdown.

You'll need to figure out an efficient start when facing a hyperaggressive rush spellbook as there are many in the meta these days. That is one of the weaknesses of MW at the moment, that there is often very little time to build up with a slower playing mage (like a warlord) before you're getting sliced and diced and burned.

Barracks and construction yard take 1 turn to set up, thats not exactly slow.  If you see someone is sprinting towards you, you can just forego another early outpost and get more creatures (better plan anyway).  Idk how youre getting to the other mage by turn 2 without paying for a push or teleport on yourself and double moving both turns, in which case by the time you get there youre at a severe mana and action disadvantage anyway.  Theres better defensive options now anyway, brace yourself, eagleclaw boots, agony, etc...and just guarding with that extra action advantage.

I mean, sure if that warlord (or any other mage) invests too heavily in their opening theyll have issues, but I dont see a real game breaking problem for mages that use class spawnpoints.  Theyre stronger now after FiF and DvN then they ever were before
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
You can get away with one turn of economy against aggressive openings. Just be prepared to play armor and other ways of mitigating damage if your opponent is rushing you. Admittedly Construction Yard -> Barracks is weaker against aggression than Barracks -> Garrison Post, but you should be fine. If you want to go with the Construction Yard opening, consider Wall of Earth. It's cheap, it can delay an aggressive mage, and if they destroy it, you get mana back.

Either build your lategame options around Altar of Carnage or Altar of Domination, but not both. You can't afford both, and they will push you in slightly different directions. With Altar of Carnage, you tend to want more smaller creatures, a Battle Forge, and Gurmash. The small creatures are much more efficient for generating mana with Altar of Carnage, and you want multiple cards that can benefit from Altar of Carnage in case your Barracks gets torched.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Ahlano

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Thanks for all the input... I am defenetly gonna get 1 or 2 brace yourself... For that early rush... And ill movr cards around to remove altar of carnage from the core book and move it for ezclusive use by the goblins.. Wich i already use...

Today played another rush vs a beastmaster...with the help of the rng gods goblins rolled 5 and 6 dmg on their attacks and ate fox stew... Thi the games came close... Think dwarven buddies would have done better in that match.

What do you think of healing? I usually add very little of it... So comebacks are slow or near impossible when i get behind... What do you tend to do to try and recover?