April 18, 2024, 03:18:25 PM

Author Topic: Draft/Sealed Mage Wars  (Read 3637 times)

Cnoedel

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Draft/Sealed Mage Wars
« on: August 27, 2014, 11:29:06 PM »
Hey Forum,

I love the game and nearly all of the cards thus I am sad that many of them will never see the light of competetiv play. Within all TCGs/LCGs there are cards that do not match the current powerlevel and Mage Wars has no way of dealing with it.

Many of you may have heard of Drafted/Sealed playstyle in Magic - I found it to be the most enjoyable way because it challenges deckbuilding, descisionmaking and playing all in the same manner!

[Drafting is where every player has 3 Boosterpacks containing 15 random cards and they open up the first one, pick a card and give it to the player that sits next to him, this goes on until every card is distributed and then you build a deck out of the drafted cards; Sealed means you get a bunch of random cards - 6 Booster - and go for the best; Both build a deck out of 23 cards and 12 Lands (not included in the Boosterpacks)]

So here goes my tricky question:

How to add this to the Mage Wars universe?

Since you have several Mages you'd have to choose a Mage first (which is the first problem, since the opponent should not know your mage and 2 of the same is kind of boring) - A fine Solution is randomly picking a mage (and giving the ones where there are male/female orc/dwarf the abilitiy to choose what Mage you want)

Next problem is: There are no boosters. Since their content should be random i'd be pretty difficult to manage without giving some mages a disadvantage :/

Sealed could be like the starter spellbooks with a fair toolbox to customize the books, which will need a lot of balancing.... Not happy with my thoughts...

Please help me, I am somewhat desperate.... It is just impossible :(
"I close my eyes and seize it
 I clench my fists and beat it
 I light my torch and burn it
 I am the beast I worship..."

DTHGRPSBWR

http://absurdurbannihilist.tumblr.com/
my blog.

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
Re: Draft/Sealed Mage Wars
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 11:41:24 PM »
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog