April 26, 2024, 03:33:18 PM

Author Topic: siren creature suggestion  (Read 7584 times)

barriecritzer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
siren creature suggestion
« on: August 22, 2014, 12:46:10 PM »
The siren should have a pet kracken or megalodon

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: siren creature suggestion
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 12:53:45 PM »
Wish Granted.

We're working on a Kraken.

Cnoedel

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 01:48:04 PM »
I expected this but nevertheless i feel the sensation!
"I close my eyes and seize it
 I clench my fists and beat it
 I light my torch and burn it
 I am the beast I worship..."

DTHGRPSBWR

http://absurdurbannihilist.tumblr.com/
my blog.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 02:45:33 PM »
Wish Granted.

We're working on a Kraken.
And a Spell "Release the Kraken"?
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Maverick

• Ambassador - Twin Cities MN
  • Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • I got a fever, and the only cure is Mage Wars!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 03:50:45 PM »
I agree the Kraken would be infinitley more cool if there was a "release" mechanic. It could be similar to the Alter of Domination and I would be perfectly fine with that. As long as during a game someone gets to say "And now I release the Kraken!"
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
Easy, guys.. I put my pants on just like the rest of you -- one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I win Mage Wars!

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
siren creature suggestion
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 09:28:09 PM »
It needs to have eight arms that can pull stuff. And it's arms get cut off when it gets damaged by an attack... That would be cool

Or wait, it could have a ranged attack similar to chain lightning and attack with a 2-3 dice tentacle that has a chance of pulling. And it can use it as many times as it has tentacles-- max 8. Probably would have very little armor though, otherwise it would too easily be able to attack eight times since none of its tentacles were severed.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 09:35:55 PM by Imaginator »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 10:44:42 PM »
Sharktapus, all I'm saying is I want a Sharktapus. Not too much to ask for. Beside that:

-Dolphin, one that can counter Obscured with it's echo-location.
-Jelly fish. Spread em out like vine markers and feel the sting.
-Mer-people. More or less a given since the Siren herself is one but some rough looking guards or soldiers would be cool.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

barriecritzer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2014, 11:55:31 AM »
Will now have to build a siren just so I can yell "release the kraken

Marhem

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 12:15:28 PM »
Scylla and charibdess

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 03:13:40 PM »
Kraken should be terrain spell related. If you want to unleas a Kraken, you need to unleash him from somewhere. Deep undersea valley would be  nice.

Also, krakens are big as ... they are big. Will there be ever creature which will occupy more then one zone? :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Ganpot

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2014, 04:08:08 PM »
It needs to have eight arms that can pull stuff. And it's arms get cut off when it gets damaged by an attack... That would be cool

Or wait, it could have a ranged attack similar to chain lightning and attack with a 2-3 dice tentacle that has a chance of pulling. And it can use it as many times as it has tentacles-- max 8. Probably would have very little armor though, otherwise it would too easily be able to attack eight times since none of its tentacles were severed.
So, something like this?

Name: The Kraken
Level: 8
Mana Cost: 28
Armor: 2
Health: 16
Attacks: 1) Maw - full action, melee attack, 6 dice, piercing +3, devour
2) Tentacles - full action, melee attack, 3 dice, reach, 8+ pull
Traits: Epic, Siren Only, Psychic Immunity, Unstoppable, Obscured, Waterbreathing (is not hindered by water; cannot move into a zone without water; cannot gain flying)
Effects: When The Kraken uses its Tentacles attack, it may choose up to 8 different targets within (or bordering) its zone or any zone bordering it.  For every 2 damage on The Kraken (calculated when the targets are declared), it loses one potential target for the Tentacles attack.  The Kraken may only be brought into play through the _______.  It costs no spell-points to include The Kraken in your spellbook. 

That reminds me: if we don't get giant seahorse mounts/creatures in PvS, I am going to be sooo disappointed.  I need to create an army of seahorses, do you understand?  I NEED IT..... 

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 06:25:31 PM »

So, something like this?

Name: The Kraken
Level: 8
Mana Cost: 28
Armor: 2
Health: 16
Attacks: 1) Maw - full action, melee attack, 6 dice, piercing +3, devour
2) Tentacles - full action, melee attack, 3 dice, reach, 8+ pull
Traits: Epic, Siren Only, Psychic Immunity, Unstoppable, Obscured, Waterbreathing (is not hindered by water; cannot move into a zone without water; cannot gain flying)
Effects: When The Kraken uses its Tentacles attack, it may choose up to 8 different targets within (or bordering) its zone or any zone bordering it.  For every 2 damage on The Kraken (calculated when the targets are declared), it loses one potential target for the Tentacles attack.  The Kraken may only be brought into play through the _______.  It costs no spell-points to include The Kraken in your spellbook. 

That reminds me: if we don't get giant seahorse mounts/creatures in PvS, I am going to be sooo disappointed.  I need to create an army of seahorses, do you understand?  I NEED IT.....

Tentacles attack should be ranged not melee. Melee attacks can't target something in a different zone than the attacker, which would make pull meaningless. Maybe if it were the push effect, to signify flinging the target away. However, that would be indicative of a smaller kraken with tentacles that can't extend long enough to enter another zone. A truly terrifying, big kraken would want to pull stuff closer to eat them, not fling them away. Although it would be interesting to have a spell like repulse where you could choose which targets to push and what direction they go in, but can only push two maybe three creatures at most, and it would probably cost about 7 mana.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Ganpot

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2014, 07:10:24 PM »
Tentacles attack should be ranged not melee. Melee attacks can't target something in a different zone than the attacker, which would make pull meaningless. Maybe if it were the push effect, to signify flinging the target away. However, that would be indicative of a smaller kraken with tentacles that can't extend long enough to enter another zone. A truly terrifying, big kraken would want to pull stuff closer to eat them, not fling them away.
I considered making the tentacles attack ranged, but it actually makes more sense as a melee attack.  That would allow guarding creatures to attack the Kraken ('s tentacle) as it attacked them (which happens pretty much every time there is a Kraken in a movie, book, etc.). 

The Thornlasher (the only available creature with a similar attack) does use a ranged attack, but I think that is a mistake.  The Thornlasher (just like the hypothetical Kraken) is not flinging a projectile; it is extending a part of its body (which it remains connected to).  Labeling that a ranged attack makes as much sense as calling the Lash of Hellfire a ranged weapon because it has reach.  Alert creatures should logically be able to attack a vine as it is trying to wrap itself around them, which would hurt the Thornlasher itself (because those are basically its arms). 

You are correct that melee attacks currently cannot target anything out of the user's zone, which is exactly why my fake card explicitly stated otherwise for that specific attack.  The rules printed on any (non-outdated) card always overrule the regular rules (as I'm sure you are aware). 

ACG

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2014, 07:56:07 PM »
My suggestion (though the pricing is likely off):

(It would probably interact with terrain, but I don't know what terrain does, so I'm not going to speculate)

This gets around the ranged vs. "ranged melee" issue.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 08:01:35 PM by ACG »