May 01, 2024, 10:48:23 PM

Author Topic: Can Gurmash, orc seargent, cast enchantment commands?  (Read 2932 times)

zorro

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Can Gurmash, orc seargent, cast enchantment commands?
« on: July 30, 2014, 05:00:37 AM »
Can [mwcard=MWSTX2FFC07] Gurmash, Orc Seargeant[/mwcard] cast enchantment commands as [mwcard=MWSTX2FFE04] Brace Yourself[/mwcard], [mwcard=FWE06] Fortified Position[/mwcard] or [mwcard=FWE09] Standard Bearer[/mwcard]?

He can cast command spells, so no problem with incantationes, or with creatures, conjurations, or other kind of spells may appear in the future with command subtype. But enchantments are cast face down...

Can Gurmash cast them, if they are from command subtype?
Is he forced to cast them face up?
Or maybe enchantments had no subtype while facedown, so Gurmash can not cast them?
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

ACG

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
Re: Can Gurmash, orc seargent, cast enchantment commands?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 05:25:56 AM »
Can [mwcard=MWSTX2FFC07] Gurmash, Orc Seargeant[/mwcard] cast enchantment commands as [mwcard=MWSTX2FFE04] Brace Yourself[/mwcard], [mwcard=FWE06] Fortified Position[/mwcard] or [mwcard=FWE09] Standard Bearer[/mwcard]?

He can cast command spells, so no problem with incantationes, or with creatures, conjurations, or other kind of spells may appear in the future with command subtype. But enchantments are cast face down...

Can Gurmash cast them, if they are from command subtype?
Is he forced to cast them face up?
Or maybe enchantments had no subtype while facedown, so Gurmash can not cast them?

He may, as his power does not specify a type of spell. As far as verification goes, enchantments may always be verified later (even if it is a pain to remember restrictions on them), so he can cast them face-down.

zorro

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
I thought that, but... Then, if a warlord equipped with a [mwcard=FWQ08] Ring of Command[/mwcard] cast a command enchantments... can he cast them for 1 mana instead of normal 2?

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 06:31:32 AM »
Enchantments are always cast faced down. It is your job to follow the rules and only cast command enchantments with Gurmash as your opponent have no way to verify this until you choose to reveal.

When gurmash casts an enchantment is cast face down and it costs 2 mana even if the warlord has Enchanters ring because that ring only provides discount when your mage casts an enchantment on a friendly creature.

Once the enchantment is cast it is up to you (your mage) to reveal it and if it is a command enchantment and you got the ring of command then you get 1 discount (never below 0).

If there ever will be a creature with the command subtype then gurmash can summon it.

zorro

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 07:15:55 AM »
Sorry, i was not precise on my second post. All clear with Gurmash, but i was asking for a second scenario:

No Gurmash at play now. If i have a warlord equipped with command ring, and the warlord himself cast a command enchantment (say Brace Yourself, face down)... can you pay just 1 mana for it? It again can be verified later, and warlod player should ensure he/she follow the rules and only cast enchantments of subtype command with the command ring discount...

ouch... enchantments only receive the discount when revealing  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-X
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 07:20:47 AM by zorro »