April 27, 2024, 06:16:11 PM

Author Topic: Wounded Warrior Tournament: Charlotte NC  (Read 25034 times)

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Re: Wounded Warrior Tournament: Charlotte NC
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2014, 12:34:58 AM »
Oh just also as an aside I've spoken to my friends at Papa Johns, if you like pizza we'll be feeding you at this event as well. They agreed to throw us some food.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2014, 11:23:43 PM »
Ok so got an update on the event here. The meeting with the convention gaming coordinator went very well and we got most of our wish list there. We have space for 40 players easily. Whether we get that many....anyway we got some OP Kits added as prize support. The last two OP kits in fact. So that covers the low level prizes to a degree.

Now I do need to point out that this event is happening at a convention and that means you have to pay to get into said convention. It's $25 for a Saturday pass or $28 for the weekend. Mace is actually a really good con in of itself that I've personally been attending for over a decade now. Lot of good stuff there. Now yes this means you gotta pay to get into the con and then pay us for the tournament but hey we are providing you with a free meal at least. Also in addition to the hundreds of other games going on that weekend we'll have Mage Wars stuff going on all weekend too.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 11:38:05 PM by silverclawgrizzly »
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2014, 12:55:56 AM »
The tournament format and time has been listed on the Mace website.

http://ogre.justusproductions.com/index.php/ogre/browseschedule/allx

Pre-registration starts in a few weeks.

You'll also note we have some other events scheduled on Friday and Saturday. They'll also be a raffle with prize support donated by us.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 12:59:02 AM by silverclawgrizzly »

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2014, 10:19:57 PM »
Added a couple of posters and 72 promo cards to the prize support bin.

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2014, 11:03:16 PM »
I posted a link to this in a couple of local-ish game groups to see if anybody is interested in going. Hopefully some are. If we get a group together we'll probably come, if we don't, probably not :(

It's far enough ahead of time that people who are interested won't have any excuses though. They should be able to make arrangements with work and such.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2014, 11:38:12 PM »
It's a hike and I know it. Not to mention you still have to pay $25 just to get in the convention, which is why I'm wanting to keep the entry fee at $10. It will be at least worth a day trip though as the event doesn't start until 3pm someone COULD leave early in the morning as far away as Atlanta I imagine, boogey up here, play, then make it home at a decent enough time. Bout a four hour ride.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2014, 12:09:13 AM »
I'm debating allowing the promo cards from the past few OP Kits(lets say 4-6) and the Promo Pack if players pay a little extra. This would A: Allow more variety and B: Generate a few extra bucks maybe. I can of course make sure copies of all these cards are available to anyone who doesn't already have access to them.

urlGrey

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2014, 03:11:45 PM »

Two from Pittsburgh are coming and we're very excited!

My two cents, not that it's worth two, on the promo cards is to either not allow them (or certain ones) or to allow them for free.  Even if it is a good cause, and it certainly is, are we sure we want a fee to interact with the actual gameplay?  Then again, I guess it's only a couple bucks... :shrug:

Anyway, this is a wonderful thing to look forward to after Halloween!

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2014, 04:40:37 PM »
Good to have you on board urlGrey! Well I agree with you actually with the promo cards but the support for them has been pretty strong locally and as I'm depending on my local crew to loan me boards.....yeah lol. So a Raincloud may be seen.

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2014, 11:22:39 PM »
So a Raincloud may be seen.

Any idea yet what promos will and won't be allowed?
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2014, 11:58:31 PM »
Funny you should ask as a matter of fact I do. OP Kits 4-6 and the Promo Pack. So for reference:

Joseph Trueblood
Staff of Storms(I know it's beatable though trust me I do it constantly)
Mana Vampirism
Wall of Force
Spiked Armor
Fire Elemental
Bloodwave Greatbowman
Raincloud
Hurl Meteor
Alter of the Iron Guard
Temple High Guard
Critical Strike
Summoning Circle
Elfrics Life Ring
Holy Strike
Vorpal Blade
Plagued
Debilitate
Leviathan Scale Armor
Sunfire Burst
Kumanjaran Leopard

I'll note that I will gladly provide these promo cards to anyone who wishes to use them and doesn't have them. I want it to be clear I can make multiple copies of the OP Kit ones available to use and that preregistering for the tournament OR the convention itself nets you 2 free promo cards before the event even starts. If you pre-register simply send me a message with the cards you'd like. I've personally been fighting against each and every one of these cards except OP Kit 6 and not a one of them is game breaking in my view. To pre-register for the tournament simply donate $10 to:

https://support.woundedwarriorproject.org/individual-fundraising/MageWarriorsfortheWarriors

All proceeds go directly to The Wounded Warrior Project. If for some reason you pre-register and can't make it I will mail you the cards you want and I dunno a button or something. Note this doesn't apply to the Promo Pack cards. You have to come to Charlotte and get those as prizes(though I'll loan you one if you want.)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 12:05:00 AM by silverclawgrizzly »

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2014, 11:47:13 AM »
No GenCon promos? :( Wanted to try some of those out lol.

Do we know exactly what Leviathan Scale Armor, Sunfire Burst and Kumanjaran Leopard do yet? Haven't been able to find a good picture.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2014, 12:23:36 PM »
Leviathan Scale Armor is like a standard chest piece, it gives 2 armor and Hydro -2.

Sunfire Burst is a 2D quick action attack spell. 6-7 it dazes, and on an 8+ it burns and dazes. It also has +2 vs nonliving creatures.

Kumanjaran Leopard is 13 mana cat that has elusive and can doublestrike.

Those are the basics.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2014, 12:48:17 PM »
Thanks Laddinface! I'd allow the Gen Con stuff but I can't supply folks with them and I want everyone to have access.

Maverick

• Ambassador - Twin Cities MN
  • Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • I got a fever, and the only cure is Mage Wars!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2014, 03:02:32 PM »
If this was closer to home I would be able to make it but alas I am out of vacation time for the year. :(

Edit: I did however throw down my entry fee. If someone shows up and cannot afford to play let them in on me.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 03:08:10 PM by Maverick87 »
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
Easy, guys.. I put my pants on just like the rest of you -- one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I win Mage Wars!