September 28, 2024, 06:32:32 PM

Author Topic: Mage Wars in other languages?  (Read 3790 times)

Tempus02

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Mage Wars in other languages?
« on: July 15, 2014, 10:41:01 AM »
Hi!

I've played this game last weekend in friend's house and I fell in love at first sight.

I'm planning to buy it, but there is a "little" problem: i'm spanish and english language is not a language that I dominate too much.

No plans for the translation of this awesome game to other languages like spanish?

I saw this post, but there are no official new responses since march 2013 :(
http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=7751.0

Thanks.

Best,
Tempus.

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
Re: Mage Wars in other languages?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 11:18:34 AM »
If i am not wrong, there is mage wars in german (or is it chinese?) and soon french.

Toxziq

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • "Now... bring me that horizon..."
    • View Profile
    • Crits Happen
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 11:55:30 AM »
Hi everyone,

We just finished up contracting with a Spanish publisher for Spanish translation and distribution.  As soon as we have more details, we'll be happy to share them.

Currently, we are working with companies worldwide to translate to German, Chinese, French, Italian, and Russian and we are looking into Polish and a few others as well.

As we have more details, we will share them.  Right now, our game is available in English, Chinese, French, Italian and Russian, with again, Spanish just recently signed and in the works.

I hope this helps.

Scott
VP of Business Development
  • Favourite Mage: Anvil Throne Warlord

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 01:09:31 PM »
I just want to be sure... few others... is there czech republic in there? :) just curious. If no, will you consider this option with MW academy?
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Toxziq

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • "Now... bring me that horizon..."
    • View Profile
    • Crits Happen
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 02:49:57 PM »
It is being considered, yes.  Nothing definite yet though.
  • Favourite Mage: Anvil Throne Warlord

Tempus02

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 04:45:07 PM »
Hi everyone,

We just finished up contracting with a Spanish publisher for Spanish translation and distribution.  As soon as we have more details, we'll be happy to share them.

Currently, we are working with companies worldwide to translate to German, Chinese, French, Italian, and Russian and we are looking into Polish and a few others as well.

As we have more details, we will share them.  Right now, our game is available in English, Chinese, French, Italian and Russian, with again, Spanish just recently signed and in the works.

I hope this helps.

Scott

Thank you for your quick response!

I'm very glad to see that it will be finally released in spanish :D

Just a final question: are you "authorized" to tell us which spanish distributor/publisher is the one who will sell the game in Spain and when is the ETA to see the game in the spanish stores?

Thanks again and sorry for my poor english level :(

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 07:46:28 AM »
Hello buddie, Im spanish too, and Devir will release the game at the end of the year, you can read more in bsk forum.

See you.

Tempus02

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 10:58:25 AM »
Hello buddie, Im spanish too, and Devir will release the game at the end of the year, you can read more in bsk forum.

See you.

Hi, mate!

Yup, I asked Devir for a release date and they told me that will be released in january 2015.

Thanks for all the responses :)

Best.

lukard

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2014, 12:04:20 PM »
Hi everyone,

I hope this helps.

Scott

Let me know if you guys are planning to translate it to Portuguese. I volunteer to revise the translation.