May 02, 2024, 02:43:44 AM

Author Topic: Mage Wars Mondays - Episode 6 Mailbag  (Read 7764 times)

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Mage Wars Mondays - Episode 6 Mailbag
« on: July 14, 2014, 08:22:13 AM »
We're back! Did you miss us? Well this Monday we have a fantastic new episode! We cover your questions, and respond to your feedback. So check it out right >>HERE<<. As always we want to hear from you.

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Wars Mondays - Episode 6 Mailbag
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 09:24:21 AM »
I definitely missed you guys :D

I can't wait to say "Unleash the Kraken" lolol. Thanks for the shoutout btw! Archmage sounds amazing. Ugh gotta wait so long for it to come out though. I'd sign an NDA on the spot if I got to know more :P

I wish I could go to Gencon :/ I'm sure it'll be awesome. Great episode as always, thanks for doing it :)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 09:49:57 AM by Lord0fWinter »
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

Death-from-above

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • This is some really personal text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 12:28:33 PM »
Yeah this episode was great! I was one of the questions that was answered and I thank you for answering it. I agree with the comments made about the Wizard potentially still being overpowered. It all comes down to the dice rolls. No matter how good your plan is going into the match, luck is the name of the game for rolling. All you can do is increase your odds of rolling well.

I also enjoy how the Warlord is in much better shape as a mage with the release of FIF. I managed to get a game in as the Anvil Throne Warlord and got Talos out halfway through the match and wow! I saw the fear in my opponents eyes  ;D

Awesome episode! Can't wait for more
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Why am I not a banana?"
"Because your genetic code dictates that you are human. However it should please you to know that you share 50-60% of your DNA with a banana."
"Thanks man"
"Are you telling me that some people are 10% more banana than other people?"

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 12:40:08 PM »
Thanks guys! If you have suggestions for a future episode please let us know :).

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 02:19:33 PM »
First of all, when i hear my name in your podcast, i just understand how and why 13 year old girl can scream and faint at backstreet boys (you younger fellas just insert a proper boy/girl band ( Justin Beaver is not a band nor singer)) concert.

And also, i must shake of a great ammount of guilt, which pile up inside me during your whole podcast with this confession. 

Jan (pronounced Yan) is Boocheck. You guys react to my three questions and i now feel a deep guilt, that you do so just because you were thinking that there were two persons asking pretty interesting questions. (feel free to correct me here :) ) It was not an intention not a great master plan worthy of a 90' villain :) (all hail Hanz Grubber!)

I must say, MW cannot be so awesome without all those ppl behind it. Thank you very much for your effort and heart and soul, which every one of you must put into your work. Thank you!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 02:46:07 PM by Boocheck »
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 02:35:49 PM »
We just tried to get through as many questions as we could. So, don't feel guilty. They were good questions.

LetsLevelUp

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 11:07:51 AM »
Jan (pronounced Yan) is Boocheck.

Sorry for butchering your name Boocheck!  I am from West Texas and we are terrible at that sort of thing. ;)

Cheers!

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 01:14:48 PM »
Nah, i am fine with any kind of pronunciation. It was just that my first thought i get when i hear your version of my name was: "Damn, some chick named Jean had an exact same question as me" :)

If you still accept ideas about next next monday, i would really like to hear some veteran campfire stories about glorious battles and deeds that happen to you guys during your plays. I just have only those "eight attack dices, eight blanks" stories :), Heck i think that i maybe actually roll some critical blanks also :)
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Arlemus

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 07:30:46 PM »
So, why does the Female Wizard have an hourglass?  ;)

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 07:37:32 PM »

I totally forgot to address this. I was wondering what they were talking about. I suppose that seems the most likely suspect. Curious if it was or not.
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2014, 01:14:44 AM »
It is for 90 minutes tournament checking :)

Chrono magic is something i cannot fully imagine in MW so i cant wait to be amazed in ... next year maybe? :)

Myrddin

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2014, 03:55:37 AM »
Hah! That was exactly what I was going to pick up on! In terms of how it could work, ACG's prophet has a few ideas...

Maverick

• Ambassador - Twin Cities MN
  • Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • I got a fever, and the only cure is Mage Wars!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2014, 08:40:44 PM »
It is alive! IT IS ALIVE!!! (forum necromancy is fun isn't it?)

So listening to this podcast for the first time today and I heard about the early concept for custom mages. Does anyone think the rules for that may come out in a future expansion? It sounds really cool. At least cool enough to warrant the dark arts of forum necromancy to ask about.
Easy, guys.. I put my pants on just like the rest of you -- one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I win Mage Wars!

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Mage Wars Mondays - Episode 6 Mailbag
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2014, 10:50:48 PM »
Probably not. It would be very difficult to balance with the regular game, and it would be very difficult and time consuming to design a mage. Then again, maybe in an rpg format it would be feasible...
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

rayzor6

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2014, 10:23:47 AM »
Just wanted to chime in and say that I love the podcast!  I can't tell you how much I appreciate the information about what is coming down the line and honesty about past mages, plans, etc.   

The talk about the starter set is awesome!  I think Tox is right that many people are intimidated by the core set.  I played Magic for a LONG time and saw people playing and thought it would be WAY over my head.  Turns out, that you just need to work through it to understand it.  It's easy, but it's just a lot of things.  I still have many things I learn as I go.

This starter set, I think, will give the flavor of Mage Wars and let people know what to expect with the core set. 

Also excited about all the other products coming out down the line.

I'd also like to comment about the dice.  I like the dice because in combat, the same attack is not going to always have the same result.  I can punch a guy in the face and sometimes he will turn away from the punch, sometimes he'll turn towards it.  He might be pumping with adrenaline and it does less, where as if I am, it will do more.  I think the dice help reflect that...rather than a bite attack doing 3 damage all the time with no consideration to outside factors.

Keep up the good work!