April 27, 2024, 03:26:20 AM

Author Topic: Don't you think force bash is underrated  (Read 4344 times)

Marhem

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Don't you think force bash is underrated
« on: July 10, 2014, 10:31:35 PM »
One spell no one ever talks about: force bash!!
A cheap coast to get an automatic 1-2 slams at a time! Does any one have any ideas to stop it other than hurl boulder and hundreds of nullifies?

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Re: Don't you think force bash is underrated
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 12:49:21 AM »
I'm usually not interested in spending 8 mana to get 2 glorified Dazes. Why would I bother focusing on stopping it? If you spam it, that takes up most of your channeling, and I can just switch from hitting you in the face to summoning more creatures. Assuming that I was focused on hitting you in the face with my mage in the first place. I don't see how Hurl Boulder has anything to do with stopping Force Bash. It can be nice if one or both of those creatures were guarding, but it's expensive enough that I probably still wouldn't bother for any mage not trained in it.

Just to make sure, are you playing Slam correctly? It acts like a Stun until the START of the creature's action phase. So as soon as the creature is activated, they lose the Slam, and they can still act. During the creature's action phase, they're only Dazed.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 01:05:16 AM »
I want to like Force Bash - but whenever i included it i never found time to cast it.

And because its 4 spellpoints for most mages so im jus leaving it out these days.

I am still trying to 'solve' how to engage defensive mages who has guards etc, perhaps forcebash can be used here. Often i just find push doing the same, but having more options or simply just knockdown.

Also the cost of this spell makes me avoid casting it on anything with a facedown enchantment because of the chance of nullify.

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 11:38:48 AM »
Usually knockdown gets the job done cheaper for incaps, and push/pull gets it done cheaper for creature positioning.

For two slams you need a pretty situational set up, a creature moved into a zone with another creature in a scenario where you need them both slammed this turn isn't a common happenstance to me

BoomFrog

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 03:06:37 PM »
I think it's worth including one in a forcemaster build. I had it come up where I pulled a flyer into my zone bashing a guard and the used galvitar to double strike the flyer. It was sweet.

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 04:36:11 PM »
I think it's worth including one in a forcemaster build. I had it come up where I pulled a flyer into my zone bashing a guard and the used galvitar to double strike the flyer. It was sweet.

And if that flyer was huginn or Fellella then that's about the only scenario I can come up with that makes this card rock the world.

Doucotasisay

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2014, 11:43:08 PM »
i was playing against a beast master, she had a beefed up grizzly guarding her, with what i knew was a nullify on it I needed to kill her now cause this bear was scary, I QC force bash on a falcon she had sitting in a nearby zone incapacitating her bear guard, circumventing the nullify and then double struck the beast master for the win. I heart force bash.

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2014, 12:42:28 AM »
Force Bash is very situational, but in those situations it's extremely powerful. I'd put 1 in a Forcemaster book, but I don't think it would be worth a slot in another mage's book.