March 28, 2024, 03:43:12 AM

Author Topic: Updated Cards with Minor Errata  (Read 20009 times)

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
Updated Cards with Minor Errata
« on: June 26, 2014, 12:41:04 PM »
Pixel is it possible to get the Card DB and SBB updated with the errata version of the card image. Cards like Skeletal Sentry and Garrison Post that have been updated.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

payprplayn

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Updated Cards with Minor Errata
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 06:17:19 PM »
Hear hear. This would be super useful.  Almost necessary, given the amount of minor changes that have been made.
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock

joechip90

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 11:22:36 AM »
I would second this!  I'd love to see the newly updated cards in the spellbook builder although I appreciate that updating it with the FiF stuff is probably most people's priority right now.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 11:24:09 AM by joechip90 »
Looking for an opponent in Bergen?  Check out my BGG profile and feel free to get in touch

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 01:51:27 AM »
Pixel is currently working on FiF so if you ask nice he may be able to do this next.  :P
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

pixelgeek

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 12:33:19 PM »
Is there a list of updated cards?
Arcane Wonders Web Guy
Problem with the forums or website?

Send me a PM

Words to live by: I commit strongly to defending my wand.   Precisely so that I don't lose it.

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 01:53:52 PM »
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 02:27:41 PM »
Is there a list of all changed, updated, faqued, errated cards from start to present? I own first edition of MW and already forget all the changes. From moonglow amulet which gets mana subtype, malacoda its poison immunity, skeletal sentry its soldier subtype to akiros hammer with his indirect trait and goblin bomber his detonate atack as a quick action... oh... wait... that didnt happend yet, right? :)

What suprise me all also changes in quality and size of some components in MW. Latest boxes has bigger action markers but uglier yellow dice :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

joechip90

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2014, 03:06:43 PM »
Hi Pixel: thank you ever so much for your hard work with the FiF update for the spellbook builder.

Now with regards to this growing number of mini-errata that are floating around: I haven't seen a single comprehensive list of them.  The FAQ gets pretty close but it is still missing some of the more recent confirmed changes such the [mwcard=MW1C32]Skeletal Sentry[/mwcard] subtype (maybe this will change in the next update).

I'm not sure if this helps but I have compiled a list of all the card errata that I know of, which I've put in the post below.  I've listed the source where the change has been confirmed by someone at AW and I've also added a column 'In SBB?' that gives a Yes/No as to whether the card has been updated in SBB (as of today 16th July 2014).  The 'Yes (diff. FAQ)' entry in the 'In SBB?' column refers to a situation where the card in SBB has different text than that quoted in the FAQ but that gamewise they are exactly the same: in these situations it is likely that the card in the SBB is the most recent one but that the FAQ has been updated incorrectly.

CardUpdateSourceIn SBB?
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFE02]Akiro's Favor[/mwcard]Target line updated to read 'friendly living creatures'FAQYes
[mwcard=MW1I02]Battle Fury[/mwcard]Card text updateErrataYes
[mwcard=MW1A02]Chain Lightning[/mwcard]Updated wording: "Each time Chain Lightning damages a target, the attacker may immediately make another Chain Lightning attack against another target as part of the same attack action. The source of this attack is the just-damaged target, and the new target must be within range 0-1 and LoS of the source, and not already have been damaged by Chain Lightning during this attack action. The new attack rolls 1 fewer attack dice and subtracts 1 more from the effect die roll (cumulative for each subsequent attack)."FAQNo
[mwcard=FWI03]Force Bash[/mwcard]Updated wording: "Target creature is Pushed 1 zone in the direction of your choice.  This will not Push it through a wall with the Passage Attacks trait unless you pay an additional 3 mana when this spell is cast.  If the Push moved the target, give it the Slam condition, and you may choose a secondary target creature in that zone and also give it the Slam condition."FAQNo
[mwcard=MW1I12]Force Push[/mwcard]Updated wording: "Target creature is Pushed 1 zone in the direction of your choice.  This will not Push it through a wall with the Passage Attacks trait, unless you pay an additional 3 mana when this spell is cast."FAQYes
[mwcard=FWJ04]Garrison Post[/mwcard]Updated wording: "May not be placed in a zone adjacent to another friendly output.  Whenever your Mage, or a War spawnpoint he controls, summons a friendly soldier creature, you may choose to summon it to Garrison Post's zone, regardless of range or LoS."PreviewNo
[mwcard=MW1E19]Ghoul Rot[/mwcard]Updated wording: "Each Upkeep Phase, this creature receives 2 direct poison damage."FAQNo
[mwcard=MW1J08]Hand of Bim-Shalla[/mwcard]Has been given the Unique traitErrataYes
[mwcard=MW1Q12]Helm of Fear[/mwcard]Updated wording: "Whenever this Mage is targeted by a melee attack that is not a Counterstrike, at the beginning of the Declare Attack Step roll the effect die. On a 9+, the attack is canceled and the attacker may not attack this Mage for the rest of the round, except as a Counterstrike. Also, the attacker may immediately perform the same attack against a different target; this additional attack counts as part of the same attack action as the original attack. If this was the first attack of this attack action, the attacker can alternatively cancel the entire attack action and choose to Guard instead. Attackers with Nonliving or Psychic Immunity are immune to the Helm of Fear's effects."FAQNo
[mwcard=MW1J11]Idol of Pestilence[/mwcard]Updated wording: "During the Upkeep Phase, each Living creature is dealt 1 point of direct poison damage."FAQYes
Joseph Trublood, High Cleric (Promo)Attack bar changed to "+2 vs. Nonliving or Dark creatures"FAQNo
[mwcard=MW1C23]Malacoda[/mwcard]Has been given the 'Poison Immunity' trait and has updated text: "Each Upkeep Phase, all Living creatures in Malacoda's zone are dealt 2 direct poison damage."FAQYes
[mwcard=FWJ05]Mana Prism[/mwcard]Updated wording: "Whenever a spell or ability an opponent controls causes you to lose or pay mana, including upkeep costs and Mana Drain/Transfer effects, place that mana on Mana Prism instead. If the mana was being transferred to the opponent's supply they do not gain any mana. During the Channel Phase you may remove 2 mana from Mana Prism and place it in your supply."FAQYes (diff. FAQ)
[mwcard=FWE07]Mind Control[/mwcard]Updated wording: "You control this creature. Mind Control can only be revealed between Action Phases, and the Controller must be within 1 zone of Mind Control. When Mind Control is revealed or removed, place a Stun
condition on this creature. X = Target creature's Level. Mind Control cannot be moved to a new target. During the Upkeep Phase, Mind Control's upkeep cost must be paid before any other upkeep costs on this creature."
FAQNo
[mwcard=MW1J15]Mohktari, Great Tree of Life[/mwcard]Has been given 'Tree' subtypeFAQYes
[mwcard=MW1Q22]Moonglow Amulet[/mwcard]Has been given 'Mana' subtypeFAQYes
[mwcard=MW1E34]Reverse Attack[/mwcard]Updated wording: "When this creature is attacked, you must reveal Reverse Attack during the Avoid Attack Step. The attack is avoided and then redirected back; this creature becomes the new source (although the attacker stays the same), and the original source becomes the new target (even if the original source would not normally be a legal target), for the next 2 steps (Roll Dice and Damage and Effects).  Then, destroy Reverse Attack. If the attack is Unavoidable, destroy Reverse Attack without effect."FAQNo
[mwcard=MW1E35]Reverse Magic[/mwcard]Updated wording: "When this creature is targeted by an incantation or enchantment spell controlled by an opponent, you must reveal Reverse Magic during the Counter Spell Step. Redirect it back to the caster, who now becomes the target of the spell. You become the caster of that spell, and now control that spell, and may reselect any other choices the spell requires you to make. Recalculate the total mana cost of the spell; if the new cost is higher than the original cost, you must pay the difference. Then, destroy Reverse Magic."FAQNo
[mwcard=MW1C32]Skeletal Sentry[/mwcard]Has been given the 'Soldier' subtypeForumNo
[mwcard=MW1J22]Tanglevine[/mwcard]Has been given the 'Vine' subtype and has updated text: "Target is Restrained and gains the Unmovable trait.  Tanglevine cannot target creature with the Flying or Uncontainable traits.  Ranged attacks cannot target Tanglevine."FAQYes
[mwcard=MW1J24]Temple of Light[/mwcard]Card text updateErrataYes

I think I've managed to catch most of them.  If anyone spots that I've missed any then feel free to shout and I'll add them to the table.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 03:16:24 PM by joechip90 »
Looking for an opponent in Bergen?  Check out my BGG profile and feel free to get in touch

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2014, 06:47:07 PM »
@joechip90 has a pretty comprehensive list of cards that have been errata'ed however I am not sure if all of these have been updated with new card images. What I do know is that at least these have new images:

Skeletal Sentry - 3rd Edition cards have the new subtype
Malacoda - it is up to date
Hand of Bimshala - it is up to date
Garrison Post - recent errata image available on AW website
Battle Fury - it is up to date
Ghoul Rot - 2nd Edition cards have the updated wording
Temple of Light - it is up to date
Idol of Pestilence - it is up to date
Tanglevine - updated Image is available from DvN

I am not sure if any of the other cards previously mentioned have updated card images......

There are many more cards who have updated wordings that are not even considered errata.......
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2014, 12:49:27 AM »
You guys deserve a banana with a sticker! Thank you very much for this info!
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

kiwipaul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2014, 06:10:55 AM »
Great post and just what I was looking for.   But, are there any other changes to the original basic set after the latest expansions?

joechip90

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2014, 06:42:54 AM »
are there any other changes to the original basic set after the latest expansions?

Not that I know of, although when the post-FiF version of the FAQ is uploaded then there might be some more additions to this list then.  I'll keep an eye out and update my original post if necessary.

Cnoedel

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2014, 08:07:11 PM »
This is so helpful, just a week before I tried to find all of the changes but I missed some out - thank you very much for the great work!

"I close my eyes and seize it
 I clench my fists and beat it
 I light my torch and burn it
 I am the beast I worship..."

DTHGRPSBWR

http://absurdurbannihilist.tumblr.com/
my blog.

pixelgeek

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2015, 09:55:09 PM »
I've emailed Aaron and Scott about this issue. If I can get approval and Aaron has the updated cards I can fix this.
Arcane Wonders Web Guy

Send me a PM

Words to live by: I commit strongly to defending my wand.   Precisely so that I don't lose it.

pixelgeek

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2015, 09:42:45 AM »
I have posted updated card images for

Force Bash
Garrison Post
Hail of Stones
Idol of Pestilence
Malacoda
Mana Prism
Mind Control
Mohktari
Quicksand
Skeletal Sentry
Tangle vine

I will also be getting art soon for

Battle Fury
Force Push
Hand of BimShalla
Temple of Light

and will be posting updated images for them as well
Arcane Wonders Web Guy

Send me a PM