May 01, 2024, 03:08:11 PM

Author Topic: Seedling Pod Druid  (Read 3060 times)

MrSaucy

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Seedling Pod Druid
« on: June 11, 2014, 04:53:27 PM »
ATTACK
2x Acid Ball
2x Surging Wave

CONJURATION
1x Samara Tree
5x Seedling Pod
2x Mana Flower
4x Bloodspine Wall
4x Tanglevine
2x Stranglevine
2x Corrosive Orchid
2x Nightshade Lotus

CREATURE
1x Tataree
4x Vine Snapper
4x Thornlasher
4x Raptor Vine
1x Kralathor, The Devourer

ENCHANTMENT
1x Barkskin
2x Bear Strength
2x Falcon Precision
1x Mongoose Agility
2x Rhino Hide
2x Nullify
2x Block
2x Healing Charm

EQUIPMENT
1x Druid's Leaf Ring
1x Mohktari's Branch
1x Eagleclaw Boots (EXTREMELY IMPORTANT! DON'T WANT TO BE PUSHED THU YOUR OWN WALLS!)

INCANTATION
2x Rouse the Beast
2x Seeking Dispel
4x Dispel
2x Dissolve
2x Teleport
2x Force Push

« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 01:42:51 PM by MrSaucy »
"See you space cowboy..."

dark_dar

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Seedling Pod Druid
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 10:57:27 AM »
I'm not a big fan of a druid, but I've tried him several times. Per my view, your book lack couple of things. This is just my personal opinion based on the games I've had.
1) For a person that relies on a strategy with growing a lot of plants and luring enemies into your "Garden of Death" your mage is too defenseless. You have only Barkskin and Rhino Hide to save you from attacks. What will you do if you get teleported into 2-3 big hitters, like Steelclaw? Do you rely on Nullifies and Blocks for this case?
2) You don't have what I call "A Big Threat". Let's say you start growing your plants, you'll need about 3-5 turns to set it all up. During this time another mage can summon several of his creatures, some of then might even be ranged. As soon as he does it, there is no point for him to run into your zone and attack, he will just shoot from the distance, as your walls don't block LoS. "A Big Threat" is something that makes him want to move to your part of the table or react to it.
Example can be:
- Steelclaw with several enchantments running to your mage
- Grimson Deadeye shooting at you every turn
- Idol of Pestilence of Altar of Sculls
- Wizards tower with some dangerous spell attached.
All of the mentioned make the enemy mage react and try to deal with them as soon as possible, thus making your set up easier.
3) Warlock is going to be a big pain for you. Fire just literally kills druid's garden.

MrSaucy

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 11:38:27 AM »
lol I forgot I even put this build up.  ;D I'm switching to a more aggressive vine tree build that might not even use seedling pods.

there is nothing you can really do about a warlock matchup as druid. it is just one of those really unfair matchups.
"See you space cowboy..."

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 12:06:30 PM »
lol I forgot I even put this build up.  ;D I'm switching to a more aggressive vine tree build that might not even use seedling pods.

there is nothing you can really do about a warlock matchup as druid. it is just one of those really unfair matchups.

Yep. The warlock is chanceless vs a druid who spend 6 spellpoints on a guardian angel.

Hopefully FIF will change this.