April 29, 2024, 03:57:45 AM

Author Topic: Forcemaster...Could it works?  (Read 16280 times)

Lord Petiso

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Forcemaster...Could it works?
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2014, 04:41:57 AM »
Uopdate! I am going to test following configuration:

[spellbook]
[spellbookheader]
[spellbookname]Force Rules[/spellbookname]
[mage]Forcemaster[/mage]
[/spellbookheader]
[spells]
[spellclass]Attack[/spellclass]
[mwcard=FWA02]2 x  Force Hammer[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWA05]2 x  Invisible Fist[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Conjuration[/spellclass]
[mwcard=mw1j04]1 x  Battle Forge[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1j08]1 x  Hand of Bim-Shalla[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Creature[/spellclass]
[mwcard=FWC08]1 x  Invisible Stalker[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWC16]2 x  Thoughtspore[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Enchantment[/spellclass]
[mwcard=mw1e28]1 x  Mongoose Agility[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e05]1 x  Cheetah Speed[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e01]1 x  Bear Strength[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e32]1 x  Regrowth[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e34]2 x  Reverse Attack[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e29]2 x  Nullify[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e23]2 x  Jinx[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWE07]1 x  Mind Control[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e02]3 x  Block[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWE01]3 x  Charm[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWE05]1 x  Forcefield[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Equipment[/spellclass]
[mwcard=FWQ01]1 x  Dancing Scimitar[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1q19]2 x  Mage Wand[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX1CKQ04]1 x  Reflex Boots[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1q11]1 x  Gauntlets of Strength[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1q04]1 x  Deflection Bracers[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWQ02]1 x  Defense Ring[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWQ04]1 x  Galvitar, Force Blade[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWQ07]1 x  Psi-Orb[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Incantation[/spellclass]
[mwcard=mw1i24]2 x  Seeking Dispel[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFI03]3 x  Disarm[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWI03]2 x  Force Bash[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1i12]2 x  Force Push[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1i26]2 x  Sleep[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWI09]2 x  Steal Equipment[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1i06]2 x  Dispel[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1i28]2 x  Teleport[/mwcard]
[/spells]
[cost]Total cost: 120 pts[/cost]
[/spellbook]

Just to try to be a little more agressive...

Avarice

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2014, 12:50:49 PM »
Nice book! However, I would try to free up some space for mordoks ovelisk. Mind control/obelisk one, if not the strongest pair of spells in the game. Also, battle fury on a thoughtspore is great. I may also try to squeeze in a falcon precision.  Helps a bunch. Steal equipment could be fun, but using your full round action NOT to hit the enemy mage is a mistake. You have the disarms to negate his armor, and a battleforge to spawn your own armor. I've used disarm on a thoughtspore and it worked well, as well as battlefury on a mage wand. You want to be doing damage to enemy mage every round past 3-4. Yoi are on the clock as a FM, and it is only a matter of time before you get overwhelmed by creatures. I think inv stalker is a good addition, except vs a wizard. It's jusy added pressure coming at enemy mage that can only be dealt with by an aoe spell. Which are a full action, and prevents him from running away from you.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 01:02:18 PM by Avarice »

Avarice

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2014, 01:08:39 PM »
Also, something that I'm sure was covered in previous posts I'd like to add. Using disarm to pop nullifies are cheaper than seeking dispells. If you think he has hidden nullify on himself, use disarm on a lvl 1 piece of equipment (if he has).  Only costs you 1 mana. Best case you disarm his gloves, boots, etc, and know that it's another enchant hidden.

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2014, 02:45:17 PM »
   You might want to consider a force wave too. Against a zombie or other swarm it could keep a group off of you for another round. And if you manage to push a group into a wall, they all get additional dice - for 5 mana. Would be situational, but might help. The updated version looks much better too. Good mix of agression and defense.

One of the worst matchups you can have is going against surging wave. It shuts down the defenses because it incapacitates. You might want to consider a way to remove daze/slam - such as a wand of healing. And the wand can also help get rid of other conditions such as weak (which hampers your ability to pound on folks). A purify can help there too in case they get other poison conditions/enchantments on you.

Avarice

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2014, 05:05:23 PM »
Yes zot. Surging wave on a wizard tower and gorgon is such a pain to deal with.

Jon.Ambriz

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2014, 03:26:44 PM »
So, as a Forcemaster player myself, I have to say that your book is lacking a few items, and I have several questions for you.

1) Why the exclusion of attack walls, like Wall of Thorns, when you have Force Push and Bash?
2) Your book is lacking any sort of healing. Have you thought about Sunfire Amulet, or Minor Heal?
3) With all the enchantments you have, you are extremely susceptible to Harshforge Monolith, Dispel, and Purge/Destroy Magic. Have you thought about including Enchanter's Wardstone for some added protection?
4) This applies to your armor: Have you thought about adding in an Armor's Ward? The better scenario than disabling would be to just dissolve your Dancing Scimitar away, as well as your other defenses.

Now, you don't need both Force Bash and Force Push; choose one or the other, which in turn will open up points for other spells like Cheetah Speed or Devil's Trident. Remember that the Forcemaster needs to be outputting damage of some kind on almost every turn, since you're racing against the turn markers. If you are going to run proxy Thoughtspores, put one or two Harmonizes into your book as well, since the 1 channel on the 'spores will take way too long for them to actually mean anything in the long run of the game.

Finally on book construction, think about how you're going to handle lots of creatures. One Mind Control and three Charms might be nice, but they will usually be the first of your enchantments blown up by a Seeking Dispel, Nullify, or Dispel. Instead, consider doing away with both of your creatures, and running a Mordok's Obelisk and Suppression Orb; they are big threats that will hamper whoever you're going up against.

Now, from my experience against several different kinds of mages, Forcemaster generally has a problem with Priestess, Male Beastmaster, Air/Earth/Fire Wizard, Curse Warlock, and any kind of Necromancer. Druid is your nemesis with all the Vine markers that hinder you, making double movement impossible. Female Beastmaster, Male Priest, Dwarf Warlord, and Female Warlock I have yet to play against so I have no advice for you in that regard.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
That's a nice spell you have there. It'd be a shame if something happened to it.

Lord Petiso

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2014, 06:15:11 PM »
I will continue testing... thinking in new strategies I designed the following book... thinking to be agressive...

[spellbook]
[spellbookheader]
[spellbookname]Force Warrior [/spellbookname]
[mage]Forcemaster[/mage]
[/spellbookheader]
[spells]
[mwcard=DNA01]1 x  Acid Ball[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWA02]2 x  Force Hammer[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1a04]1 x  Fireball[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1j04]1 x  Battle Forge[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX1CKJ01]1 x  Enchanter's Wardstone[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Creature[/spellclass]
[mwcard=FWC16]2 x  Thoughtspore[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e33]2 x  Retaliate[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e32]1 x  Regrowth[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e28]1 x  Mongoose Agility[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWE07]1 x  Mind Control[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e17]1 x  Force Orb[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e40]1 x  Vampirism[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFE07]1 x  Rust[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFE02]1 x  Akiro's Favor[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e01]2 x  Bear Strength[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e06]1 x  Circle of Lightning[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWE05]1 x  Forcefield[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e36]1 x  Rhino Hide[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e20]1 x  Harmonize[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1q09]1 x  Enchanter's Ring[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1q23]1 x  Regrowth Belt[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX1CKQ01]1 x  Sunfire Amulet[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1q19]2 x  Mage Wand[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX1CKQ04]1 x  Reflex Boots[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1q11]1 x  Gauntlets of Strength[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWQ01]2 x  Dancing Scimitar[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWQ04]1 x  Galvitar, Force Blade[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1i28]1 x  Teleport[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1i04]1 x  Charge[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1i06]2 x  Dispel[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1i12]2 x  Force Push[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1i02]2 x  Battle Fury[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1i24]2 x  Seeking Dispel[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1i26]3 x  Sleep[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWI09]2 x  Steal Equipment[/mwcard]
[/spells]
[/spellbook]

The idea of it...

Turn 1 (20mana) KQ Enchanter's Wardstone (4), move and cast  Thoughtspore (8 ) (Battle Fury)
Turn 2 (18mana) Keep KQ, Move and Forge (8 ) + Harmonize (4 )/ Thoughtspore doble movement.
Turn 3  (16 Mana) Battleforge: Galvitar (11-2=9); Thoughtspore Battle Fury over the mage (5-2=3); KQ, Charge (4) and Double Quick Galvitar Attack. (8 attack dice)
Turn 4 (10mana) Battleforge: Gauntlets of Strength (3-2=1); Thoughtspore Battle Fury over the mage (5-1=4); KQ= Bear Strength + Doublestrike Galvitar Attack +  Quick Galvitar Attack. (12 attack dice)

Over it... fight, fignt and figt...

To protect possible guards/attackers... I hope that "sleeps" could help...
Steal Equipment to use armour of the victim...
Seeking Dispels, to avoid blocks...

Do you think it could work? I see the problem with the Necro... that sleeps cannot work, but maybe Circle of Lightning and daze conditions could help here until forcemaster defeat the opponet...
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 09:33:14 AM by Lord Petiso »

Borg

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2014, 09:35:11 AM »
Enchanter's Wardstone does not equal *fight* :) better play something more agressive.

You can't move and play a Thoughtspore, it's a full cast.

Harmonize does not equal *fight* :) better play something more agressive.

I also Find Battle Fury not the best of choices on a Thoughtspore as the opponent has an action to react to it. As a cheap damage spell, I find the Invisible Fist even more effective.

2 Mage Wands ? What for ? That's 8 SP's. You can add a lot of Incantations with 8 SP's.
If you want to* fight, fight, fight,* you're aiming for a short game, a Wand is not really ideal for a short game.

I also don't understand the inclusion of the Sunfire Amulet, for the same reason as above.

Steal Equipment is a full cast *shudder*, so no attack that round - Dissolve or simply Disarm will be much more effective and let's you continue the *fight* :)

Lord Petiso

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2014, 10:31:34 AM »
thanks for your answer Borg... what do you think about this other configuration? I think that I earn some agressivity ;-)

[spellbook]
[spellbookheader]
[spellbookname]Force Warrior[/spellbookname]
[mage]Forcemaster[/mage]
[/spellbookheader]
[spells]
[mwcard=DNA01]2 x  Acid Ball[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX1CKJ01]1 x  Enchanter's Wardstone[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1w04]2 x  Wall of Thorns[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e30]2 x  Pacify[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e28]1 x  Mongoose Agility[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWE03]1 x  Falcon Precision[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFE02]1 x  Akiro's Favor[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e06]1 x  Circle of Lightning[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e17]1 x  Force Orb[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e18]1 x  Force Sword[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFE06]1 x  Lion Savagery[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e36]1 x  Rhino Hide[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFE07]1 x  Rust[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e40]1 x  Vampirism[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e01]1 x  Bear Strength[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e02]2 x  Block[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e32]1 x  Regrowth[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWE05]1 x  Forcefield[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e33]2 x  Retaliate[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX1CKQ04]1 x  Reflex Boots[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWQ02]1 x  Defense Ring[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWQ04]1 x  Galvitar, Force Blade[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1q11]1 x  Gauntlets of Strength[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWQ01]1 x  Dancing Scimitar[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1q09]1 x  Enchanter's Ring[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1q23]1 x  Regrowth Belt[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1q04]1 x  Deflection Bracers[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWI10]2 x  Whirling Strike[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1i04]2 x  Charge[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1i07]2 x  Dissolve[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1i06]3 x  Dispel[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1i24]2 x  Seeking Dispel[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1i12]3 x  Force Push[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1i26]2 x  Sleep[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1i28]2 x  Teleport[/mwcard]
[/spells]
[/spellbook]
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 03:33:24 AM by Lord Petiso »

BoomFrog

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2014, 10:09:51 PM »
Don't fall into the trap of thinking lots of defenses means you don't need armor.  Defenses are good vs big attacks armor is good against a lot of small attacks.  1 defense and some armor is better then lots of defenses or lots of armor.

Whirling strike is rarely going to be useful.  You are paying 9 mana to get one extra attack since you are in a situation where you could have used sweeping on galvatar but used whirling strike instead.  You'd need 3 armored targets for that to be a good move.  Besides, you want to focus your damage.

I'd cut one or both whirling strikes and add 2 flamescale hauberks. 

Borg

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2014, 04:04:47 AM »
I'd cut one or both whirling strikes and add 2 flamescale hauberks.
I agree about cutting both Whirling Strikes, too situational. I suggest replacing them with a [mwcard=MW1A12]Ring of Fire[/mwcard]

I also wouldn't use two Flamescale hauberks but just 1 and 1  [mwcard=FWQ10]Storm Drake Hide[/mwcard]
 My Forcemaster doesn't like Stuns or dazes at all and the Hide helps in that regard.

Drop the Bracers as they take the same slot as the Gauntlets of Strength.

Drop the Reflex Boots and replace with Leather Boots for cheap armour.
You have more than enough Defenses with the Deflect ability, Scimitar, Force Orb & Sword.

The thing that's missing the most in your spellbook imo is some creature help, like a Bear, Vampiress or Ooze.

Lord Petiso

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2014, 12:21:54 AM »
Thanks too much for you both, i will think on it , i will put out the defenses changing It for more armour...and I like the idea of include a big  creature alzó to support the atttack.....thanks!;-)

chiller087

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2014, 02:56:40 PM »
A creature-less FM does one thing: Get over to the other side of the map and pound the enemy mage in submission before they can set up.  Anything that doesn't play into that has got to go, if you want to maximize your chance for success.

Since you're trying to end the game fast, you have 10+1 channeling (from Battleforge).  Anything that boosts your channeling (like Mana Flowers/Crystals) or reduces your costs is more of a "Long game" option.  That's a different kind of FM.  I think you should plan for a build that can operate within the 10+1. 

1. I'd drop the Deflection Bracers and the Regenerate enchantment.  You already have the Regenerate Belt, and the regenerate trait doesn't stack.  You're trying to end the game quickly. 

2. The Enchanter's Ring is a "Long Game" card, but cheap enough that it starts to benefit you 2 turns after you play it from the Battleforge, so maybe there's a reason to keep it.

3. Might want to at least think about doubling up on your enchantments that are most likely to be Dispeled: Bear Strength, Mongoose Agility and Falcon Precision.

4. I also agree about the Whirling Strikes, and replacing them with Armor.  Drop the Reflex Boots for Leather boots.

This will free up a few spell points in your book for some more tools.  I strongly recommend at least 1x Purify, if only for the games where you'll need it.  Also look to see where you can include at least 1 tough buddy, like Borg mentioned.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2014, 04:42:45 PM »
A creature-less FM does one thing: Get over to the other side of the map and pound the enemy mage in submission before they can set up.  Anything that doesn't play into that has got to go, if you want to maximize your chance for success.

Since you're trying to end the game fast, you have 10+1 channeling (from Battleforge).  Anything that boosts your channeling (like Mana Flowers/Crystals) or reduces your costs is more of a "Long game" option.  That's a different kind of FM.  I think you should plan for a build that can operate within the 10+1. 

1. I'd drop the Deflection Bracers and the Regenerate enchantment.  You already have the Regenerate Belt, and the regenerate trait doesn't stack.  You're trying to end the game quickly. 

2. The Enchanter's Ring is a "Long Game" card, but cheap enough that it starts to benefit you 2 turns after you play it from the Battleforge, so maybe there's a reason to keep it.

3. Might want to at least think about doubling up on your enchantments that are most likely to be Dispeled: Bear Strength, Mongoose Agility and Falcon Precision.

4. I also agree about the Whirling Strikes, and replacing them with Armor.  Drop the Reflex Boots for Leather boots.

This will free up a few spell points in your book for some more tools.  I strongly recommend at least 1x Purify, if only for the games where you'll need it.  Also look to see where you can include at least 1 tough buddy, like Borg mentioned.
I have become a fan of 1 piece of Armor + Brace Yourself (which works well with the Enchanters Ring). Carry two pieces of the same or Different Armor and swap them out if you get hit with Corrodes via the Battleforge. If you see big damage coming reveal the Brace Yourself before the Apply Damage Step.....
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Lord Petiso

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2014, 04:04:24 AM »
I re-disign (again)...to test it... I would like to see how Forcemaster creature-less works...

[spellbook]
[spellbookheader]
[spellbookname]Force Warrior [/spellbookname]
[mage]Forcemaster[/mage]
[/spellbookheader]
[spells]
[mwcard=DNA01]2 x  Acid Ball[/mwcard]