April 30, 2024, 04:06:53 AM

Author Topic: Video play throughs?  (Read 5712 times)

Zizzac

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • Still a mage n00b
    • View Profile
Video play throughs?
« on: May 28, 2014, 03:34:18 PM »
First of all, sorry in advance if I've posted this in the wrong section.

I was wondering if there were any video play throughs of the game online anywhere to watch. I've watched all of the official tutorial videos, watched most of the Crit Happens video, and watched a little of the Grey Elephants play through before I had to stop. :P But I'm wondering if there's maybe tournament footage, or something that has both players know all the rules and doesn't have a lot of mistakes made throughout. I ask because I'm still learning the game and don't get to play too often, so watching two pros go at it would help me out a lot.

Anybody know of anything I've missed?
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
"Victory is in a simple soul."

lettucemode

Re: Video play throughs?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 03:51:06 PM »
Those are the only video playthroughs I am aware of, as well.

You can check out Charmyna's channel on twitch.tv, he has several recorded OCTGN games on there. https://www.twitch.tv/charmyna

Death-from-above

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • This is some really personal text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 06:33:32 AM »
I know at some point Lord0fWinter and I were thinking of trying to do some video playthroughs. In fact, we are having a match tomorrow we may try to record. Depending on if we have the right recording equipment
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Why am I not a banana?"
"Because your genetic code dictates that you are human. However it should please you to know that you share 50-60% of your DNA with a banana."
"Thanks man"
"Are you telling me that some people are 10% more banana than other people?"

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 07:08:31 AM »
Depending on if we have the right recording equipment

We don't. Well, I don't. Do you? Or do you know anybody we can borrow it from?
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

Death-from-above

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • This is some really personal text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 07:17:16 AM »
Depending on if we have the right recording equipment

We don't. Well, I don't. Do you? Or do you know anybody we can borrow it from?

All I have is my phone. May have a guy who has the right stuff.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Why am I not a banana?"
"Because your genetic code dictates that you are human. However it should please you to know that you share 50-60% of your DNA with a banana."
"Thanks man"
"Are you telling me that some people are 10% more banana than other people?"

Intangible0

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 04:30:03 PM »
Hey peeps. Me and the rest of our group are going to start recording some matches. The goal is to focus on the more familiar player. We've noticed that a lot of videos out there are either for the beginner or are just unboxings. There seems to be a lack focus on those who have already had matches under there belt. We'll have the video up either Sunday or Monday (Hopefully) and try to make this a constant thing.

We all love/like Mage Wars here and I think it's about time to start showing the full potential of the game. Eventually we'll dive into strategies and openings and all that other juicy stuff. When our first video is set up we'll post it here before we make a new thread.
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 05:02:39 PM »
Hey!
I'm pretty excited to start doing this. I'm hoping that with these videos we can add content to such a great game while having people not in our meta give us pointers. We'll be using a webcam attached to a laptop that can stream in 1080P.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 11:04:36 AM »
Look forward to watching your videos! I probably should have mentioned on here that I have indeed started a Youtube channel and have started uploading matches.

So far there is one complete match which was two videos and one incomplete match that only has one video so far. The other one should be up sometime this week. The channel is found HERE in case anybody wants to watch.
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2014, 01:48:47 PM »
Lord are you going to be at Gencon?

If I have time we could film a game or 2
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2014, 02:12:56 PM »
Lord are you going to be at Gencon?

If I have time we could film a game or 2

No sir, unfortunately not :(

I would give almost anything to be going, but sadly tis not to be. I'll be there someday though. Maybe next year :)

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2014, 11:57:03 PM »
Uploaded the conclusion to my Priestess vs Female Warlock video.

It can be viewed -->HERE<--

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2014, 01:17:14 AM »
Magebane triggers when the spell is cast, not when you reveal an enchantment. Enchantments are cast when you play them face down.

It looks like you forgot Demonic Reward.

Overall I felt like both of you could have played a tighter tactical and strategic game, but it was still interesting to see how it played out. The Priestess could have more efficiently played economy, built up defense, and applied counter pressure, and the Warlock could have more efficiently pressured the Priestess.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2014, 08:42:13 AM »
Magebane triggers when the spell is cast, not when you reveal an enchantment. Enchantments are cast when you play them face down.

It looks like you forgot Demonic Reward.

Overall I felt like both of you could have played a tighter tactical and strategic game, but it was still interesting to see how it played out. The Priestess could have more efficiently played economy, built up defense, and applied counter pressure, and the Warlock could have more efficiently pressured the Priestess.

Thank you. Duly noted about Magebane, I'll remember that next time. Wouldn't have made a difference in this case but its good to know.

Yeah I did forget about it. But I believe in most of the cases, when my creatures were destroyed, they were over-killed a bit. So if they had managed to heal 1 damage or so from the ability, it wouldn't have mattered. I'll go back and watch again and see if that is the case.

Agreed that we both could have played better. We both made some dumb decisions but hey that's part of the game. Nobody is perfect (except Charmyna :P) and this was only the 2nd time either of us had used these Mages. He knew I was going to swarm him early so he didn't want to invest in a Temple or other economy, he'd rather have out creatures more quickly. And I definitely could have played better also.

Intangible0

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2014, 06:55:07 PM »
Hey everybody,
We promised this like a week or more ago but here it is. Our first attempt at a play through. We don't have a lot of editing in it and there were a few mistakes but overall the video turned out.

I introduce "Arcane Duels," Episode 1:
Part 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgcguwWSIe8

Part 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORsk6CkKIxs
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster