April 19, 2024, 03:42:29 PM

Author Topic: Are there plans for preconstructed 2v2 spellbooks?  (Read 3064 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Are there plans for preconstructed 2v2 spellbooks?
« on: May 12, 2014, 03:19:50 PM »
I think this would be a really good idea. If Arcane Wonders decides not to, I'll probably attempt to build them myself, with or without help, although it will probably be really difficult without help. Are there any plans for making 2v2 preconstructed spellbooks, and if not, would anyone be willing to help me design and test them?

Thanks!
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
Re: Are there plans for preconstructed 2v2 spellbooks?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 03:23:17 PM »
I can see Fire and Death vs. Mean Green or Warlock and Necro vs. BM Johktari and Druid being a cool match up.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Toxziq

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • "Now... bring me that horizon..."
    • View Profile
    • Crits Happen
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 07:18:04 AM »
I think this would be a really good idea. If Arcane Wonders decides not to, I'll probably attempt to build them myself, with or without help, although it will probably be really difficult without help. Are there any plans for making 2v2 preconstructed spellbooks, and if not, would anyone be willing to help me design and test them?

Thanks!

We haven't come out with anything official on this but I will talk with Laddinfance as I think this is an interesting idea for us to publish a list of.  In the meantime, I'd love to hear the "tag teams" people are playing in 2V2.  I don't play 2 v 2 as much as I'd like, but the last time we played we did a Double Beast Master (Straywood & Johktari) vs a Priestess and Druid team.  They were formidable, but the kittens took them down over time :)
  • Favourite Mage: Anvil Throne Warlord

Arcanus

• Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 12:04:39 PM »
During the years of playtesting and development, a large portion of our games were played multiplier, and most of those were Team-Ups.  We just love a good two-on-two.  The game plays marvelously well that way, and without requiring a special board or extra space.
Official rules for multiplayer, including 2 vs 2, will be coming out with Mage Wars Battlegrounds, slated for later this year. We are working on spells specifically designed to help your partner and hinder another team. 
Please share any thoughts you might have!  :-)

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 12:30:14 PM »
During the years of playtesting and development, a large portion of our games were played multiplier, and most of those were Team-Ups.  We just love a good two-on-two.  The game plays marvelously well that way, and without requiring a special board or extra space.
Official rules for multiplayer, including 2 vs 2, will be coming out with Mage Wars Battlegrounds, slated for later this year. We are working on spells specifically designed to help your partner and hinder another team. 
Please share any thoughts you might have!  :-)

Another 999th post! Will the 1,000th be as epic as Laddin's? :D
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog