April 28, 2024, 08:48:08 PM

Author Topic: My thought on Seedling Pods  (Read 29269 times)

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: My thought on Seedling Pods
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2014, 08:19:11 AM »
Seedling pods cannot use vine markers. Your Mage and any Tree Spawnpoints she controls can use the vine markers to extend their range.

zorro

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2014, 08:57:20 AM »
Seedling pods cannot use vine markers. Your Mage and any Tree Spawnpoints she controls can use the vine markers to extend their range.

The [mwcard=DRUIDABILITYOUTLINE]Druid Ability Card[/mwcard] says any object you control, not just Tree...
Do the text on the [mwcard=DNJ08] Seedling Pod[/mwcard] ("may cast 1 plant wich targets its zone...") take precedence over it?
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2014, 09:07:24 AM »
The Druid ability card is quite full of text. Check the DVN Rulebook, it has a fuller version of the text. Her vine markers can only be used by her or her Tree Spawnpoints. Sorry for the confusion.

lettucemode

« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2014, 09:08:48 AM »
The Druid card text is a simplification of the text found in the DvN rulebook. If you look in the rulebook, you will see the restriction Laddinface mentioned.

Even if that restriction wasn't in the rulebook, the Seedling Pod's ability would resolve before it had an opportunity to target a Vine Marker, so it is the same thing either way.

zorro

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2014, 09:41:14 AM »
Thanks for the clarification!  :-[ :-[
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid