April 19, 2024, 10:01:08 AM

Author Topic: The Prophetess  (Read 3875 times)

reddawn

• Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
The Prophetess
« on: April 17, 2014, 07:39:09 PM »
"We are the forgotten.  Friendless, scorned, and betrayed, Etheria would sooner see us drown in the fires of its aimless wars than heed the prophecies of old. A great judgment comes as the veil between Etheria and the elder spirits wanes...but words alone cannot hold back the unspeakable horrors that seek entry.  We have seen the signs and sounded the call; if our truth now falls on deaf ears, then we must all embrace the coming Terror."

_

Prophetess - 120 spellbook points - 32 Health - 0 Armor - 10 Channeling

Creature - Human

Subtype - Storm-torn Wastes

Training - Arcane school and player's choice of Holy or Dark school - Corporeal creatures and Conjuration spells cost triple during spellbook construction

Spectral Portal - During the Deployment phase, the Prophetess may place her Portal token (up to 1 zone in the direction of her choice).  When you summon a Spirit creature, you may instead summon it in the Portal's zone rather than your own.

Spirit Call - Once per round, when you summon a Spirit creature, you may pay mana equal to its level.  If you do, that creature enters the Arena active.

Basic Melee Attack - 3 dice

_

I thought a Spirit-themed mage would be a neat idea, since Corporeal creatures currently have a monopoly on relevant abilities.  The Prophetess could have cards that allow her to interact with her Portal other than summoning spirits, such as calling forth weird inter-dimensional attacks at its location or improving the abilities of her spirits.

Anyway, I don't think I've suggested a new kind of Mage yet, so that's my initial try.  Thoughts/suggestions/outbursts are welcome.
  • Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: The Prophetess
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 08:07:51 PM »
I don't think this works as a prophetess, flavorwise. A prophet is someone who has visions of the future or receives visions of the future. There is nothing about future seeing in the abilities you've described this mage to have.

I think this probably would be much better for a shaman. Should be trained in Holy or Dark and Mind, I think. One possible way to keep the balance with her mind training is to have her creatures be summoned with their action markers face up, and they return to her spellbook at the end of the round.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shamanism
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.