April 29, 2024, 03:14:49 PM

Author Topic: Looking to start things up in Minneapolis/St. Paul  (Read 21673 times)

brynhide

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Looking to start things up in Minneapolis/St. Paul
« on: April 12, 2014, 10:44:32 PM »
Hello Fellow Magi,

I am looking to get a gathering of MW players in the twin Cities are together to have some batles of mass destruction.  I was thinking that we could do this at the FFGEC, or at Level Up games.  Anyone that is interested please respond to this thread so we can get organized.  If we get enough together I really want to do a tourney. 

I am more than willing to run it.  I just need interested bodies to play. 

Thanks,
Brynhide

UrNemesis

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Looking to start things up in Minneapolis/St. Paul
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 02:09:49 AM »
Hello fellow Minnesotan. I live up in Brainerd with a couple other players. Do you ever make it up this way? If so, getting a game together should be a must ;). Good luck finding more players and getting that tourney going.

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 03:21:19 PM »
I'm not in the area at the moment, but I may be moving to the cities in a few months. If I do, I'll look you up.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

BoomFrog

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 05:05:37 PM »
I live in Minneapolis and would love to play but rarely have time. Still, keep me informed, especially about a tourney.

Goreshde

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 10:40:19 AM »
Tower Games had a couple of people buy into it, but interest has faded.  I still head there twice a week and have a deck put together.  If anyone is ever interested in a game send me a PM. I would love to play.

brynhide

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 03:46:22 PM »
I am continuing to work on this.  Hopefully soon I will have more info.  Keep strong folks we will get this off the ground.  I have a couple of venues we can meet up at.  I just need to solidify a couple items such as time and day.  Please feel free to add input on this. 

ThePoPGod

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2014, 07:10:20 AM »
I am the manager at outpost 2000 and beyond in Crystal and we have a few people that play, just not all the time. Im also an ambassador and would love to help anyone starting out the game. I've been trying to get some sort of league in MN for awhile so if anyone is interested just send me a PM. Im up for meetin up for mage wars anywhere!

Maverick

• Ambassador - Twin Cities MN
  • Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • I got a fever, and the only cure is Mage Wars!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 03:12:07 PM »
Me and a buddy are actually trying to find a tournament scene for Mage Wars in the Minneapolis/Saint Paul area right now. My availability is mostly limited to Saturdays right now due to work restrictions but his is wide open. If you need players PM me and we can see if schedules mesh up for it. I would be up for FFG, Tower Games, or the Source as a venue but really any place in the area would work. I know the Source has Bi-weekly board game days on Saturdays that should be ripe with board game enthusiasts. I have been toying around with the idea of becoming an ambassador for there. Would have to check in to see if someone else is already doing it first though as I don't want to be "that guy". Anyway, PM me if you want 2 more players for Tournaments in the area.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
Easy, guys.. I put my pants on just like the rest of you -- one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I win Mage Wars!

Maverick

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2014, 07:48:13 PM »
Unfortunately I never got any responses from this post. However for people in the area looking to play I will be holding unofficial tournaments at The Source Comics and Games on the 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month 6pm to 12 AM. This coincides with the Sources advertised board game day so it should make it easier to attract new players. We have 3 players now that would be up for games and I am actively recruiting more. I am also going to attempt to acquire ambassador status so I can get us some promo rewards for people that attend. I look forward to meeting you all in the arena!
Easy, guys.. I put my pants on just like the rest of you -- one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I win Mage Wars!

BoomFrog

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2014, 08:44:03 PM »
I can probably come about once a month. 12pm is past my bedtime but I'll live. Is your plan single elimination?

Your first session will be September 13th then?

Maverick

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2014, 10:42:29 PM »
Ideally single elimination would be best however promos will be awarded to all who attend. If our group gets too big for me to have enough new promos on hand we can look into alternate awards (winner gets one of each of the new promos ect.) We may occasionally do game variants instead (ie. 2 vs 2). As this is all pretty new I am flexible to what the attendees want. The key thing here is to have a variety of opponents getting together to play some Mage Wars. September 13th is the next planned day for the event.

CORRECTION: September 27th I will be unable to attend due to a military obligation. The other two players will be encouraged to attend in my absence. I am still planning to attend on the 13th myself.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 03:19:03 PM by Maverick87 »

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2014, 06:00:14 PM »
Hopefully I'll be able to make it on the 13th and the 27th.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

GeorgeFalcon

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • It's impossible to channel 1.21 Gigawatts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2014, 07:48:03 PM »
 I am one of those 2 other players My name is Garrett and i look forward to playing with other players!
  • Favourite Mage: Sortilege Wizard
Roads for what we're playing we don't need roads.

Maverick

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2014, 03:20:14 PM »
and...my drill schedule changed. So I WILL be there the 13th but I will NOT be there the 27th. I corrected my above comment to reflect this. Go Army.

BoomFrog

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2014, 09:35:25 PM »
I just checked my schedule and I can't make it on the 13th. I've got a date with my wife.