April 27, 2024, 10:33:49 PM

Author Topic: Card spoilers so far.  (Read 57224 times)

Arlemus

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Card spoilers so far.
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2014, 01:48:41 PM »
Morning star is definitely in the set, no assumptions.  Not only is it in one of the card fan outs that AW likes to do, but you can also see it from the box video if you look closely enough.  If you go to the FiF section of the website you'll see it in the banner.

Yeah, I know. I was just trying to say it hadn't been spoiled yet. Perhaps "assume" wasn't the best word to use there, since we know for sure that one is in it.

Ballista isn't in the set.  It's not part of the AT Warlord's list nor the A. Warlock's. 

That doesn't mean it isn't in there. But it should have gone on its own list of "Cards that might be included" or something like that.

Not 100% on it, but I'm nearly sure brace yourself gives armor (+2 or 3) then is destroyed.  You can tell from the fan out in FiF that it gives a creature a trait starting with an "A," and for only 2 mana (the face down cost) it's a pretty good guess  :P

I completely agree, but we don't know that 100% lol, which is why I have it there.

Oh, yeah, I guess ballista could be in there but not be part of either book...but that seems really weird for AW to do.  I honestly hope it's not because I'm unsure that the current card pool has strong enough answers to it, but that's a different conversation I suppose.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2014, 02:03:01 PM »
It is not weird. In all expansion there were cards that were in none of the mages spellbooks. They were there for other mages or for spellbook modification.

Arlemus

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2014, 02:18:23 PM »
It is not weird. In all expansion there were cards that were in none of the mages spellbooks. They were there for other mages or for spellbook modification.

In my opinion, including ballista not putting it in at least the AT Warlord's book seems WEIRD.

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2014, 02:37:58 PM »

In my opinion, including ballista not putting it in at least the AT Warlord's book seems WEIRD.

Well, in the "big" expansions, FvW & DvN, they tried putting at least one copy of all the spells from that Mage's school in their pre-built spellbook. They tried including all the other cards as well.

In the only example of a "small" expansion, CoK, this was not the case. Multiple cards were left out b/c they tried using a combination of old cards from the original Mage with the new ones from the Mage found in that set. For the JBM, this meant that Galador and the Bridge Trolls were left out, among other cards. So, this is likely what is happening here, imo.

For example, the Altar of Domination is practically guaranteed to be a War School card, yet it wasn't on the list that you did of the new Warlord's spellbook. The same could be true for Ballista.
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

Arlemus

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2014, 03:43:26 PM »

Well, in the "big" expansions, FvW & DvN, they tried putting at least one copy of all the spells from that Mage's school in their pre-built spellbook. They tried including all the other cards as well.

In the only example of a "small" expansion, CoK, this was not the case. Multiple cards were left out b/c they tried using a combination of old cards from the original Mage with the new ones from the Mage found in that set. For the JBM, this meant that Galador and the Bridge Trolls were left out, among other cards. So, this is likely what is happening here, imo.

For example, the Altar of Domination is practically guaranteed to be a War School card, yet it wasn't on the list that you did of the new Warlord's spellbook. The same could be true for Ballista.

That's a fair argument, you're probably right. I don't know why I thought all released cards had to be on a list, but obviously they don't.  I completely forgot about Altar of Domination too; the card better be boss  :P

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2014, 03:59:09 PM »
I completely forgot about Altar of Domination too; the card better be boss  :P

I certainly hope so.  If it allows an alternate win condition, it could be a great precursor to the Domination Mode and scenario thing they are gonna be releasing late this year.

Edit: I remembered the name of the scenario expansion, it's "Mage Wars Battlegrounds".
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 04:08:00 PM by Lord0fWinter »
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

Arlemus

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2014, 05:04:46 PM »
I completely forgot about Altar of Domination too; the card better be boss  :P

I certainly hope so.  If it allows an alternate win condition, it could be a great precursor to the Domination Mode and scenario thing they are gonna be releasing late this year.

Edit: I remembered the name of the scenario expansion, it's "Mage Wars Battlegrounds".

Yeah, that's why I really want to see the card text.  I feel like the card would have to be immensely powerful to provide that "alternate" victory, i.e. if you control enough zones, you get this creature so ridiculously powerful you basically just win.  I imagine it has unstoppable, but who knows.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2014, 06:21:10 PM »
The Asyran Defender has also been spoiled and it is not on the spellbook list either.....

http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=13950.msg33975#msg33975

Probably should add it to the list of cards.....
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2014, 06:39:42 PM »
The Asyran Defender has also been spoiled and it is not on the spellbook list either.....

I completely missed that somehow, thank you sIKE!

Arlemus

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2014, 06:58:09 PM »

Oh wow really? I kindof hate the art, but theyre such effeciently costed targets for HA theyre going to be awesome. :D

Though, I do still like clerics as HA.  You get the most for your mana and a small heal on top.

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2014, 07:41:49 PM »
Is the Asyran Defender the only Holy school card in the set because that would suck as someone who likes playing the Priestess. I know she's one of the better mages as is, but another card or two is always useful.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2014, 09:41:09 PM »
I can't comment on the number of Holy Spells in the set, but there will be plenty of spells that a Priestess would find useful regardless of school.

echephron

• Player
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • The finest in mage wear...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2014, 10:22:20 PM »
29 fully revealed spells i believe if we dont count brace yourself and disarm
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2014, 09:58:52 PM »
Brace Yourself, Wildfire Imp, Flank Attack, and General's Signet Ring are in a video review up on BGG: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/video/46888/mage-wars-forged-in-fire/drivethru-8-drive-thru-forged-in-fire

Brace Yourself: level 1 war enchantment, Novice, 0 to reveal, Armor +4, destroy Brace Yourself at the end of the round.

Wildfire Imp: level 1 dark creature, 5 mana, 5 life, 0 armor, 1 die attack with Piercing +1. Instead of moving, you can pay 1 mana to teleport to a target zone with an object with a Burn condition on it. Wildfire Imp gains Melee +2 while attacking an object with a Burn condition on it.

General's Signet Ring: level 1 war equipment, Warlord Only, 3 mana, once per round when you or a spawnpoint you control casts a soldier spell, you get a discount of 1.

Flank Attack: level 1 war incantation, command, 3 mana, targets a soldier creature. It's a little hard to make out the wording, but I believe it makes a soldier attacking the same target as another soldier attacked that round get Melee +2 and Piercing +2 for that attack.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2014, 10:16:13 PM »
Saw Hurl Rock in there too.