April 27, 2024, 05:06:08 PM

Author Topic: Card spoilers so far.  (Read 57223 times)

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
Re: Card spoilers so far.
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2014, 09:25:20 PM »
You are right. There are many cards that improve both Warlords by quite a bit. (I'm a little biased because I feel like the old Warlord's Vet Token ability was useless.)

They are doing a great job of balancing out the Warlord's weaknesses, especially having to pay triple for Arcane spells. The Rune of Reforging and Armor Ward come to mind, allowing a Warlord to protect their armor/equipment without relying on Nullify.

I don't disagree with you about the vet tokens. So far, they have basically been useless. However, hopefully some of the cards coming out will improve the survivability of the Warlord's soldiers so that they are more likely to stay alive to acquire said token. Like the armory, giving them all +1 armor and piercing.

They are making his weaknesses not as bad. That is definitely true. Hopefully we get an alternative to teleport in this set also. That would be very helpful for him.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2014, 05:02:54 PM »
Does it need to be an alternate to teleport for all warlord creatures? Or at least just the warlord? Something like the fix suggested elsewhere (although perhaps in reverse) could be seven league boots, grant unrestrainable plus a teleport type move.  Proabably too late now since I'd guess that all the cards are final, but yeah will be interesting to see how the arcane type necessity spells are balanced for the warlord. I guess the new warold still has arcane at triple , so this must have been considered and tested...

echephron

• Player
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • The finest in mage wear...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2014, 09:46:33 PM »
you missed wall of earth! i linked it in the LONG FIF discussion a week ago, but my linked image broke
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2014, 09:53:33 PM »
Yeah it was up there. My image broke too b/c they took the picture of it down on their website and replaced it with "Fumble". I can't find another image of it. If anybody has an image, please link me to it so I can fix it on this list!
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2014, 05:03:07 AM »
Soo, morning star also make it into FiF :) you can spot it on home page of arcane wonders between lion savagery and ignite. Now i just to need to have a game with a  FM at the morning hours, so my "Good Morning" pun will be 100% completed :D
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2014, 05:06:54 AM »
Yeah a retailer buddy of mine got some promo early cards and Morning Star was one of them. Pretty sweet.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2014, 01:58:09 PM »
You are slacking on the job to keep this up to date.

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2014, 02:26:15 PM »
You are slacking on the job to keep this up to date.

The only one I haven't added is the Devil's Trident from today. Fumble and Wall of Earth are broken links. sIKE sent me an image of Fumble though so I'll add it back on there.

As for Morning Star, it hasn't officially been spoiled yet so I wasn't gonna add it but if it makes ya happy I will.

I don't think I'm missing anything else am I?

Wildhorn

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2014, 02:56:32 PM »
Was talking about trident ;)

Arlemus

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2014, 06:32:13 PM »
Is there an official word on if they'll be more spoilers? Seems like either no or only on mondays.

Wildhorn

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2014, 07:00:49 AM »
Should add GP.

Wildhorn

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2014, 11:01:36 AM »
How many more cards do you think we will get spoiled?

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2014, 11:17:24 AM »

Well lately we've been having 2 per week so since the guesstimated release date is at Origins game fair (June 11th-14th), that would be 6 more if they follow the same trend. I don't think the release date is known though, so could be more or less than that.

There are 41 new spells, 28 have been officially spoiled, so there are 13 left that we don't know about.

The following are cards we assume are in the set but haven't been officially spoiled yet.

• Ballista
  • Morning Star

The following are cards that we know names of but don't know what they do yet.

• Disarm
  • Brace Yourself
  • Gurmash's Signal Ring
  • Wildfire Imp
  • Altar Of Domination

Arlemus

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2014, 11:51:07 AM »

Well lately we've been having 2 per week so since the guesstimated release date is at Origins game fair (June 11th-14th), that would be 6 more if they follow the same trend. I don't think the release date is known though, so could be more or less than that.

There are 41 new spells, 28 have been officially spoiled, so there are 13 left that we don't know about.

The following are cards we assume are in the set but haven't been officially spoiled yet.

• Ballista
  • Morning Star

The following are cards that we know names of but don't know what they do yet.

• Disarm
  • Brace Yourself
  • Gurmash's Signal Ring
  • Wildfire Imp
  • Altar Of Domination

Morning star is definitely in the set, no assumptions.  Not only is it in one of the card fan outs that AW likes to do, but you can also see it from the box video if you look closely enough.  If you go to the FiF section of the website you'll see it in the banner.

Ballista isn't in the set.  It's not part of the AT Warlord's list nor the A. Warlock's. 

Not 100% on it, but I'm nearly sure brace yourself gives armor (+2 or 3) then is destroyed.  You can tell from the fan out in FiF that it gives a creature a trait starting with an "A," and for only 2 mana (the face down cost) it's a pretty good guess  :P

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2014, 12:04:37 PM »
Morning star is definitely in the set, no assumptions.  Not only is it in one of the card fan outs that AW likes to do, but you can also see it from the box video if you look closely enough.  If you go to the FiF section of the website you'll see it in the banner.

Yeah, I know. I was just trying to say it hadn't been spoiled yet. Perhaps "assume" wasn't the best word to use there, since we know for sure that one is in it.

Ballista isn't in the set.  It's not part of the AT Warlord's list nor the A. Warlock's. 

That doesn't mean it isn't in there. But it should have gone on its own list of "Cards that might be included" or something like that.

Not 100% on it, but I'm nearly sure brace yourself gives armor (+2 or 3) then is destroyed.  You can tell from the fan out in FiF that it gives a creature a trait starting with an "A," and for only 2 mana (the face down cost) it's a pretty good guess  :P

I completely agree, but we don't know that 100% lol, which is why I have it there.