April 18, 2024, 02:07:46 PM

Author Topic: OCTGN reset bug  (Read 4111 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
OCTGN reset bug
« on: March 08, 2014, 07:56:42 PM »
When I try to x out the color choosing window, then reset, then x out of the color choosing window again, it says that someone already picked that color. But it's not a color, it's just the x button to close the mini-window. And it doesn't just go away, it keep reappearing until you choose a color that hasn't already been picked. However, when you reset it, it keeps the memory of which colors have been picked.

Because of this I can only measure spellbook points in game at maximum 5 times. My dreams of playing a 8+ player game online are crushed, lol. Or maybe this is just a bug for when someone is playing by themselves? Idk.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: OCTGN reset bug
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 07:58:45 PM »
It's also not letting me close the game window until i pick a color that's not already picked. But they've all been picked.
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 07:59:29 PM »
And it's not letting me close the program either. I just had to force quit it.

lettucemode

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 12:12:21 PM »
Reset doesn't clear the internal memory anymore. I disabled it because there is a bug in OCTGN that fires the Reset "event" whenever a spectator connects to the game, and this caused problems with the initiative and game phase automation.

The color picking not going away until you choose a color is intended behavior. I am going to add in some code that clears your color choice if you re-load a spellbook for the next release.

Currently a lot of the code assumes that there are only two players so you will definitely notice some oddities if this is not the case. Adding support for more players is on the long-term list.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 12:14:38 PM by lettucemode »

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 12:46:37 PM »
Currently a lot of the code assumes that there are only two players so you will definitely notice some oddities if this is not the case. Adding support for more players is on the long-term list.
I have done a little bit of testing on this front. You can get four players working just fine at this time. The only real in-game issue is that only two of any of the three/four players can advance the game to the next phase. So you have to be careful on that front. Hope this helps.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest