April 27, 2024, 12:51:22 PM

Author Topic: Newbie with the Wizard  (Read 2910 times)

Cancuino

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Newbie with the Wizard
« on: February 22, 2014, 02:25:23 PM »
Hi all,

I'm quite new at Mage Wars, I've played 3 games so far, and I've always lost. I'm playing with the Wizard now, the starter spell book, I added a Battle Forge and removed other card.

I played against the Priestess, I started with the Battle Forge and equipping my Mage, 2 Mana Crystal and 1 Mana Syphon, but I only casted one creature. His creatures killed my Flowers and I ended with very few Mana.

Could you give me some advices about how to play this deck?.

Thank you.

BoomFrog

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie with the Wizard
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 02:37:36 PM »
One good rule is don't invest a lot more into infrastructure than your opponent. Mana crystal, battle-forge, gate to voltari, and mana siphon are all long term investments and if you use too many then you don't have enough resources in he short term to survive tot the long term. Next game try making a smaller investment in mana generators, and if your opponent summons a creature or moves towards you himself then it is time for you to be summoning creatures also.

As a mage your creatures are powerful for their cost but they are slow, so use teleport and other tricks to bring the slow creature to the fight or bring the fight to the slow creature.

Cancuino

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie with the Wizard
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 05:00:24 PM »
Thank you, I'll keep that in mind.