October 05, 2024, 03:13:07 PM

Author Topic: Mind Control and upkeep  (Read 2325 times)

Caamora

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Mind Control and upkeep
« on: February 10, 2014, 01:24:06 AM »
If a mage takes over a creature with Mind Control and then decides not to pay the upkeep is the creature DESTROYED or is Mind control destroyed and the creature reverts to its regular owner?

Seems like an awful cheap spell to be able to pretty much destroy any living creature.. was curious.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Mind Control and upkeep
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 01:25:23 AM »
Mind Control is destoyed and creature is going back under control of its owner. As you say, it would be an awful cheap spell :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 03:18:03 AM »
Although you can destroy a Living creature with Mind Control + Mordok's Obelisk, since you can choose to not pay the upkeep on the creature. Just note that you need to pay the upkeep on Mind Control before you can choose whether to pay the upkeep for the creature (it's in the FAQ, and I think of it as an errata to Mind Control).
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 05:05:43 AM »
Although you can destroy a Living creature with Mind Control + Mordok's Obelisk, since you can choose to not pay the upkeep on the creature. Just note that you need to pay the upkeep on Mind Control before you can choose whether to pay the upkeep for the creature (it's in the FAQ, and I think of it as an errata to Mind Control).

It was some people thought that it too poowerful if you could choose not to pay for either and still kill the creature.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage