April 29, 2024, 05:03:43 AM

Author Topic: The Bone King's Rest  (Read 4596 times)

infinihedron

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
The Bone King's Rest
« on: January 31, 2014, 05:51:40 PM »
      -The Bone King's Rest-

Rest my love. Find your peace until I call upon you again...

Her sweet whispers still rang through his mind as the call pulled at his bones. Who? Who would disturb his rest? Who wishes the Bone King's wrath?

"Rise oh lord of silence! Barer of death's peace! Head my call to rise! Rise! Rise to smite my foes!" The summoner's screeched pleas and commands, beseeching dead gods for the power to pull him from his tomb. "Rise! I command you to RISE!"

His anger burned cold as the mana seeped through age-yellowed bones, forming sinew and mussel of necrotic energy. Dust shifted and settled as he began to rise. Blasting away the stone sarcophagus lid  with a flick of power, enraged at the audacity.

"Who dares disturb my peace!" A voice long unused cracked, echoing throughout the tomb. "I am the Bog Queen's chosen and only she may command my mercies!"

"I am called Ballan Drot, Master of the Dark and it is I who now comAAAHH!"

The fool's arrogance turned quickly to shrieks of pain and terror as the Bone King's spell tore the soul from his frail mortal frame, finishing what the summoning had begun to form the illusion of life.

Glancing about the mausoleum at the huddled acolytes shaking in horror. "No, it is now I who commands."