April 20, 2024, 07:01:45 AM

Author Topic: List of Common Spells Needed  (Read 16103 times)

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: List of Common Spells Needed
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2012, 12:41:24 PM »
Quote from: "Mestrahd" post=296
Do you mean Friday the 17th or Thursday the 16th? Or has the game been delayed another year? lol

Sorry at work kinda of looking and typing. When I get home I will list the info in the spells section of the forums. I will also post a link to it here>
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

mitkosim

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2012, 11:01:55 AM »
That would be really helpful as I have been wondering whether I should get 1 or 2 core sets. I am big on deck building and customization and I would like to have sufficient copies of spells so that 2 players can have a decent number of the cards even if overlapping. I am basically waiting on this bit of info to preorder my 1 or 2 core sets and a core spell tome!

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2012, 01:32:48 PM »
I was talking to 1unatic my info is out of date he said he may send me the new info or just post it himself.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

stadi

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2012, 10:26:46 AM »
Patrick mentioned that there will be spellpacks for each school, containing all spells: http://www.magewars.com/jsite/forum/strategy-and-tactics/529-tarok-vs-gray-angel?limit=6&start=6#577

Please consider making a Basic Spelltome where you include at least 4-6 copies of the most useful spells mentioned in this topic. It doesn't have to be available in all shops, it's enogh if you sell it in your webshop.

Kring

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2012, 09:36:43 AM »
And in your humble opinion those most necessary spells would be...

stadi

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2012, 06:52:54 PM »
Quote from: "Kring" post=602
And in your humble opinion those most necessary spells would be...

I meant the cards mentioned by the playtesters in this thread, for example these: http://www.magewars.com/jsite/forum/spellbook-design-and-construction/134-list-of-common-spells-needed#181

Scarob

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2012, 12:46:34 PM »
rather than just what people think are the most necessary cards how about the maximum number of cards that you can have of each type of card that way people only need to purchase 1 box to get all the cards they need for a particular school?

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2012, 12:34:35 AM »
well all the cards necessary for a particular school is very subjective.  that will be different for everyone.  for example, you can have 6 of a level 1 spell and 4 of any others unless they are epic but most of the time you wont need near that many, so most people would be buying lots of cards you dont want.  but i would like to see more types of spell tomes so you dont have to purchace a second boxed set or anything
Favorite Mage: The one I am using.

Scarob

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2012, 05:43:27 AM »
how about as many as a spellbook can use of a particular school and type of card... such as arcane attack spells, or nature enchantments etcetera, that way it balances how many different boxes that need to be produced while still giving maximum cards that can be used in a spellbook.....well that's my opinion on that idea anyway

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2012, 01:14:45 PM »
i understand what your saying.  im not sure exactly how they are planning to do the spell tomes.
Favorite Mage: The one I am using.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2012, 12:07:41 PM »
When we were looking at making the fist set list we had about 200 different cards to choose from. Out of those we wanted 150-175 different cards and a total of about 320-325 cards. On average that meant we could only fit 2-3 copies of any given card.

So when we were told about the core spell tome we got told that we have about 150 cards to pick from and the set will be 110 cards. So we wanted to accommodate the widest verity of play styles possible.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2012, 12:12:15 PM »
This was posted in another thread.

Quote from: "Arcanus" post=1168
Great thoughts - thanks for letting us know how you feel!  It is our desire to provide players with all the copies they need.

We have had to make some tough choices, because if we provide plenty of each card, then the variety of cards goes down. For example, in the base set, we provided everyone with a pretty good mix of cards, and out of 322 spells, 174 are unique.  If we instead included lots of copies of everything, players would have ended up with half as many different spells, or even a third.

We created the Core Spell Tome to immediately help players to get a few more of the most important spells.  In the future, these "Spell Tomes" will have some NEW spells in them, but also provide additional copies of past spells.

We want your opinion please!  Would you prefer these Spell Tomes to be keyed to specific Mages and schools of Magic?  In this manner, if you like playing the Priestess, you could get extra copies of all of her Holy Spells, plus a few new ones.  

Or would you prefer them to be keyed to a THEME.  For example the Creature Rush Pack has extra copies of all of the creatures for all of the Mages?

Also, these Spell Tomes should not be confused with a Mage Expansion Set. For example, our first Mage expansion set, The Forcemaster vs. the Warlord, will come with 220 spells, the majority of them new, and all related to the new Mages.  The only older duplicate spells in these sets will be a few Dispels, Minor Heals, etc. which each of them will need to help round out their spellbook.

Check out the thread here